Mythos n' Mircobrews - July 21st (Guardian Games, Portland)

By Yipe, in CoC Organized Play

We're kicking off our first official "Mythos and Microbrews" league day!

This will be a meet-n'-greet event, giving everyone a chance to get to know the other members of our CoC community, reminisce about regionals, and try out a multi-player game if you're so inclined. I will also discuss what the future holds for our league (e.g. an upcoming highlander tournament, modified cube draft, etc…).

For those who are interested in playing, but aren't sure about the game or tossing back a few with us, I'll have demo decks on hand and Guardian Games will provide the brew. Cthulhu. Beer. Beer. Cthulhu. What more is there?

WHERE? Guardian Games (back in the bar as usual, though we have a non-bar table reserved for minors)

www.ggportland.com

WHEN? Saturday, July 21st

WHAT TIME? 1-5 PM (feel free to arrive late or leave early)

NOTE: This will be a "just for fun" day, so feel free to bring your black-border cards if you like.

Sincerely,

Matt

I'll try to make it, have to see what my fiance's schedule will be like.

I will be there for sure.

I listened to 4 hours of Tom Waits at the Lovecraft to secure this privilege lengua.gif

-g

Greg here, count me in. Looking forward to some multi player action as well!

@grant-babb

You spent 4 hours at The Lovecraft? You, sir, are a braver soul than I. Just walking into the place is an automatic 1D6 SAN loss.

@Lazerous,

Glad to hear you can make it, Greg. I think I'll be playing mostly multi-player, so perhaps we'll get in a game?

I had no idea we had a gameshop in the Portland area that had a bar.

grant: hahaha! wicked, man… tom waits i can do, but what connection is there to the goth scene?

piszcadz said:

grant: hahaha! wicked, man… tom waits i can do, but what connection is there to the goth scene?

apparently, … my wife. Loves Tom Waits, loves goth bars. I myself prefer Wait's early influences, Cookie Monster.

@Yipe - and yes, I found three domain markers in the decorations at the bar, so you have nothing to fear lengua.gif

grant_babb said:

Cookie Monster.

as in norwegian black metal cookie monster singing style or just plain old blue furry muppet cookie monster?

btw: count me in that day too. looking forward to some friendly games.

I want to thank everyone who made the trip down to Guardian Games on Saturday for an afternoon of CoC. Stories were solved, beers were bought, and tears were shed (privately into my Pillow of Cthulhu at home, of course).

Without a doubt, it was my favorite meet-up yet. The atmosphere was relaxing, the multi-player games challenging, and the deck builds intriguing - we had a few 3- and even 4-faction decks! I hope you guys had as much fun as I did.

Here's to next month's Mythos n' Microbrews.

that WAS fun. we have a really cool playgroup growing.

i think i might like multiplayer most of all now actually. yipe, i'm glad you introduced me (us) to it.

i found my decks performed SOOO differently in a multiplayer setting. a lot of the nuances of the game come to light when you can play slower and more casually. it's also cool having to face 2 opponents (and therefore two different strategies and sets of cards) at once. bobbing and weaving, watching your opponent take a hit from the other player and then sneaking in on your own to take advantage of it. good good times.

i'm all for a beer reduction policy too. i need one MAYBE two and i'm golden. anymore than that and it'd better be close to bedtime…

'til next time…

m