Melee weapons

By Grubisha, in General Discussion

I found some melee weapons are missing (Axe and Chain Axe) while Staff and Spear are included. I don't know if they are left out on purpose, since they prolly don't fit into Imperial Guard standard kit, but I believe there are Regiments or individual soldiers who use them (e.g. Mortessan Scythewind Regiment according to Dark Heresy Inquisitor's Handbook) and they are either used as tools or can be looted from corpses of Chaos soldiers and Orkz.

There are also some great weapons mentioned in other game supplements (Inquisitor Handbook again) such is Combat Knife, Dmg 1d5+3R, Pen 0 which is mentioned as standard military knife also used as bayonet.

To be fair, we're missing the Bayonet as well. ;)

Dulahan said:

To be fair, we're missing the Bayonet as well. ;)

Nope, it's totally there. Under "Weapon Upgrades," the Melee Attachment upgrade gives you a generic attachment to your ranged weapon, including a bayonet specifically as an option.

I missed that one somehow. My fault!

No worries, that's why we're all discussing it together, right? :-D

Personally I'd like the Chain bayonet to give it the tearing special, but apparently all bayonets are mechanically identical. Unless you then upgrade it. My RT Arch-militant has a lathe-forged bayonet on "Betsy". Actually two sessions ago a triple righteous fury led to 55 points of damage from a single shot. She's "Elizabeth" now. :D

We just ruled that if they take a little time to fix them to their lasguns, the squad's Combat Knives are their bayonets. It lets the Lasgun act as a Spear in close combat, or they can just detach the knives to use one-handed or use as tools. Seems to work fine.