Operator Vehicle Choice(s)?

By Eradico Pravus, in Game Mechanics

Regiment choice is Reconnaissance.

Operator chooses either Sentinel Scout Walker or Chimera Armored Transport.

Is this a one time choice? Or depending on the mission might the Operator switch vehicles?

Also might the commanding officer *assign* a different vehicle type, depending on mission directives?

*bump*

Any thoughts?

I'd let him choose each time. Different tools for different missions, after all.

AS long as the resources are available, I think letting them change up is within the realm of reason. However, if fighting isn't going well or there have been a lot of vehicle losses then I can understand it being harder to requisition a new or different ride and then they just have to make do with what they god. It's really up to the GM.

I'd be inclined to say your pick is your pick, and that is your assigned vehicle which you are also responsible for.

However your commander can assign you any **** thing he please (it's up to the Munitorium to follow through of course.) And if you're on base then I would think it'd be pretty easy to check an alternate ride out of the vehicle pool. Obviously you're a rated driver.

The specifics are going to vary wildly by regiment and location of course. In some places they might let any one who wants one have a Leman russ, in others you have to fight a 5 round death match to get a skate board. One thing the IG is not, is consistant. Except for the suckage. That is consistant.

Good input all the way around. Thank you!

"I'd be inclined to say your pick is your pick, and that is your assigned vehicle which you are also responsible for."

I'd concur. The tank is part of your 'standard regimental issue' - you don't get to chop and change any heavy weapons issued this way, after all.

Mission assignment gear can, on the other hand, be any **** thing the GM pleases!

Magnus Grendel said:

"I'd be inclined to say your pick is your pick, and that is your assigned vehicle which you are also responsible for."

I'd concur. The tank is part of your 'standard regimental issue' - you don't get to chop and change any heavy weapons issued this way, after all.

Mission assignment gear can, on the other hand, be any **** thing the GM pleases!

I agree with this.