Concerns about 2012 Inagural Tourney at Gencon on Thursday

By midnightphil, in X-Wing

The tourney starts at 11am on Thursday. The 1st opportunity to buy the game (AFAIK) is 10am at the FFG booth. I am not sure how we can get through the FFG booth and get to the tourney on time. Getting through the FFG booth might take considerable time since I believe it's gonna be packed with everyone trying to get X-Wing and Netrunner and all the other fine products we are waiting for. It could take more than an hour just picking up the game.

I am not sure if the rules are going to be published before Gencon. Experience required states: "Some (You've played it a bit and understand the basics)." I am guessing that not knowing the rules will not be a problem, but not sure. It would be nice if this tourney is not filled up with playtesters on one side and clueless newbies (like myself) on the other. Hopefully rules will be available and/or tons of grace will be extended to new players.

I have signed up for a Saturday game and might still sign up for this one if I can get there on Thursday (hopefully). Anyway, very excited about this game and will see you guys there.

Tournament's on Friday. Rules online within next few weeks.

It wouldn't be a Con without some schedule issues. I think it will be fine and a great time for everyone. Get some X-Wing, Netrunner, etc and enjoy.

According to the event registration, the Inaugural Tournament is on Friday at 11:00 am (Duration -- 4 hours; that may be lessened depending on the turn-out).

One question, does anyone know what the point limit will be for the tourney?

Disregard my previous post. I found the answer after I entered the post. . . . . D'oh!