the completed HAVOC deck

By COCLCG, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

COCLCG said:

i shall melt away once more to meditate on my past grievances………..

Nice victimization response. No wonder people see you as a passive aggressive crybaby. Seek professional help because you sincerely need it.

Regards,

Beth

Wow, I hope that was sarcasm. No need for personal attacks or even such critical opinions. I read it as a playful twist on the Lovecraftian style.

Cranekick said:

Nice victimization response. No wonder people see you as a passive aggressive crybaby. Seek professional help because you sincerely need it.

Regards,

Beth

obviously you're dumber than a doorpost and don't recognise sarcasm….. but !!

i wont hold that against you as i am one with the lurker cult now, we do not delve in such provacative words and confronting ways……….

(some people will get it, others like you are just toooooo, plain, …………… )

COCLCG said:

Cranekick said:

Regards,

Beth

obviously you're dumber than a doorpost and don't recognise sarcasm….. but !!

i wont hold that against you as i am one with the lurker cult now, we do not delve in such provacative words and confronting ways……….

(some people will get it, others like you are just toooooo, plain, …………… )

There is a difference between sarcasm and just being… you.

btw, my sarcasm comment was not directed at penfold. unfortunate coincidence we used the same word……..

COCLCG said:

i most humbly present my latest version of the HAVOC deck that includes protection versus all the card pinching and hastur control popularity.

OK, interesting. Sentinel Hill is an interesting choice; will help deal with Fences and a few other cards. One concern, although a minor one, would be the Lurking Deep One; without a Night card, you're just not getting the full utility of that.

yeah, it is a pity. so many cards, so few spaces. im not a fan of young deep one or emerging deep one though and i need a low cost deep one to help with cult of bathos and getting rising / ravager out earlier. one consolation is that it also works with cthaat aquadingen so is dual purpose. a friend has all my cthulhu so lurking deep one is all that came to mind. if you have a better suggestion then fire away !!

always been fan of sentinel hill for its hastur control 'blocking' in a sense, but as stated, the deck wouldn't change until further AP's. fence gave it the push it needed. of course DOA wil be reserved exclusively for the arsonist against hastur decks now, though guardian of the key will also help protect it.

i SUPPOSE if someone wanted further anti-decking they could swap something like dampen light for snow graves ( as per previous posts ), but i like my rush stoppers and will play with it like this for a while.

love him or hate him, COCLCG is here to stay. and i, for one, am glad of that…

keep on keepin' on, at times annoyingly verbose and egotistically tangential brother.

love,

piszcadz

lets be serious. it was never going to last long now was it.

actually the cult of the lurker kicked me out for being too supplicant.

OK, interesting. Sentinel Hill is an interesting choice; will help deal with Fences and a few other cards. One concern, although a minor one, would be the Lurking Deep One; without a Night card, you're just not getting the full utility of that.

I agree, Runix. I have been playtesting this deck, and that crosses my mind every time I play it. If the other player did not / may not make it night, then this one gets resourced most of the time.

yeah, more i tested came to same conclusion. just goes to show it takes many many plays to work out whats right !! changed it around a bit to include setting sun for misk rushes as well. actually NOT completed havoc deck, and may never be. it looked like this:

Cult of Bathos x 3
Guardian of the key x 3
The Carpathian x 3
Lurking deep one x 3
Many angled thing x 3
Laboring gug x 3
Guardian shoggoth x 2
Deep one rising x 2
Ravager from the deep x 3
Elder thing scavenger x 2

Cursed skull x 2
Khopesh of the abyss x 3
Cthaat aquadingen x 2
Sentinel hill x 2
The setting sun x 3

A single path x 3
Dampen light x 2
Feeding frenzy x 2
Twilight gate x 2
A single glimpse x 2

apart from that, how you finding it ( you can say it sucks ). i actually made a version dropping cult of bathos and lurking and taking out 1 deep one rising. wont say what i did with the spots though !! seems to work better. another nasty was putting feeding frenzy into the mix along with twilight ravager. made for some interesting story massacres.

never a fan of destruction. LOVING my mi-go and bananas decks better.

3 The Cult of Bathos
3 Lurking Deep One
3 The Carpathian
2 Faceless Abductor
2 Blood Magician
3 Many-angled Thing
2 Guardian Shoggoth
3 Laboring Gug
3 Ravager from the Deep
2 Deep One Rising
2 Elder Thing Scavenger

3 Cursed Skull
3 Khopesh of the Abyss
2 The Setting Sun
2 Sentinel hill

3 A Single Path
2 A Single Glimpse
3 Twilight Gate
2 Deep One Assault
2 Feeding Frenzy

dampen light too hard to judge when to play sometimes so gone.

carpathian still good for finding khopesh but may go as well.

oh, and faceless abductor / blood magician / guardian of the key all interchangable. just trying something different to see which combo works best, and then cthaat may come back.