Fieldcraft Doctrine

By LuciusT, in Game Mechanics

Does anyone else find it odd that the Fieldcraft training doctrine does not grant the aptitude Fieldcraft?

LuciusT said:

Does anyone else find it odd that the Fieldcraft training doctrine does not grant the aptitude Fieldcraft?

Fieldcraft of Perception since that's the Characteristic tied to it. But yeah that's bothered me too. Agility has nothing to do with "Fieldcraft" and you ability to survive in certain inviroments.

Very much so. Still, agility is quite useful as well. Really I wish it switched the favoured terrain to a set of fieldcraft related skills.

The reason Fieldcraft doesn't grant Fieldcraft is because it's part of regiment creation and regiments only determine characteristic aptitudes.

Corrinmana said:

The reason Fieldcraft doesn't grant Fieldcraft is because it's part of regiment creation and regiments only determine characteristic aptitudes.

Says who? I see where if you get the same aptitude twice you can swap the "extra" for a characteristic aptitude. I see no rule that says regiments only grant characteristic aptitudes… and even if there is such a rule, it's a stupid rule. Why call it Fieldcraft if it doesn't grant Fieldcraft? Either call it something else or make it what it says it is.

The swap only can give you more profile based aptitudes, not the other ones…

I'm not sure why this happened - at the time of writing, Aptitudes worked differently, so the original version of the Fieldcraft doctrine was quite different (the same can be said for many of the Doctrines in the book), so the change was made entirely after I handed in my manuscript (and thus I have no justification for it). I fully support changing the benefit of the Fieldcraft Doctrine to granting the Fieldcraft Aptitude.