Charge packs

By Durandal7, in Game Mechanics

Could a charge pack from a lasgun be used in a lascarbine, or longlas etc? The obvious no to this is for laslocks, which are charged from one-use cells.

Durandal7 said:

Could a charge pack from a lasgun be used in a lascarbine, or longlas etc? The obvious no to this is for laslocks, which are charged from one-use cells.

Munitorum standards make it so that most charge packs are interchangeable between weapons of the same class (basic, pistol). The Imperium would not function otherwise. There are some exceptions of course; in one of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels the regiment was issued the wrong model of charge packs and had to go into a siege with almost no ammo. Of course, they had numerous charge packs on hand that no one ever bothered to recharge, but hey, it made for an interesting story.

-=Brother Praetus=-

That is what I believed, I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed some hidden rule somewhere :)

Many thanks.

Brother Praetus said:

Munitorum standards make it so that most charge packs are interchangeable between weapons of the same class (basic, pistol). The Imperium would not function otherwise. There are some exceptions of course; in one of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels the regiment was issued the wrong model of charge packs and had to go into a siege with almost no ammo. Of course, they had numerous charge packs on hand that no one ever bothered to recharge, but hey, it made for an interesting story.

-=Brother Praetus=-

It was something like mark or size 5 packs had been sent when they needed size 3. My take on it, to make it fit with the background, is that the larger mark 5 actually has a sleeve on it to fit larger weapons, which can actually be removed to allow it to fit smaller varieties, but of course as they are just Imperial Guard they might not know that (while it would be blatently obvious to their Adeptus Mechanicus suppliers, in fact so obvious they didn't bother telling anyone).

Still doesn't explain why they didn't recharge their old packs…