Tech Use and Demolitions

By CodenameXXIII, in Game Mechanics

Accord the rules you can use Tech-use to use explosives. My thougts are that Tech-Use and Demolitions should be different skills. A tech priest can be a genius repairing tanks but maybe he doesnt know how to make an improvised bomb.

Black Crusade put a lot of skills together that could be argued to count as different skills. I prefer the stripped-down variant to the rather complex one where there's always a skill you don't have because you overlooked it, the prime example being stealth that formerly was Silent Move, Hide and Shadowing. "Yeah, you may be a god at moving silently and hiding, but you're trying to follow someone, so… do you have Shadowing? No? Well, oops…"

That being said, it might be a nice idea to have a talent that allows you to specialize within a skill.

Cifer said:

Black Crusade put a lot of skills together that could be argued to count as different skills. I prefer the stripped-down variant to the rather complex one where there's always a skill you don't have because you overlooked it, the prime example being stealth that formerly was Silent Move, Hide and Shadowing. "Yeah, you may be a god at moving silently and hiding, but you're trying to follow someone, so… do you have Shadowing? No? Well, oops…"

That being said, it might be a nice idea to have a talent that allows you to specialize within a skill.

The old Talented (skill name) talents, but applied to special uses of the skill instead of the more generalized applications? Examples:

• Talented (Demolitions) for Tech-Use skill.
  • Talented (Inspire) for the Command skill.
  • Talented (Logistics) for the Commerce skill

Is that sort of what you were thinking, Cifer?

-=Brother Praetus=-

Maybe Stealth (Shadowing), Stealth (Hide) etc, like the Knowledge skills?