Feedback?

By catowar, in Only War Beta

I just have a quick question, is FF reading this to get feedback and change the rulebook? if so I think thats pretty cool that we get a say so BEFORE the book comes out… or is this really more of a playtest/proof reading? to make sure everything is balanced?

It *says* Feedback but how often/much they"ll listen to it is completely up to them.

Hopefully the Weekly Updates will clear that up.

catowar said:

I just have a quick question, is FF reading this to get feedback and change the rulebook? if so I think thats pretty cool that we get a say so BEFORE the book comes out… or is this really more of a playtest/proof reading? to make sure everything is balanced?

A little of both, really, but a focus on the latter - playtesting and proofreading has already taken place, as shown by the credits for both in the book. However, as everyone knows, the more people who read it, the more errors will be spotted. This offer essentially means that you get the beta for free if you then go on to buy the full PDF, and the full PDF will have many of the otherwise annoying problems that RPG books often have in them, with inconsistent rules or statements that make no sense, removed, making it a better product for everyone.

However, you have to take into account that the book is essentially fully written, and there will be no huge changes to entire sections of the book. It's mostly to clear up what is already there so that it's as good as it can be.