Called Shots

By Darth Smeg, in Game Mechanics

I still think they don't make much sense

Almost all other combat actions are a Half Action, and can be combined with Aim. But Called Shot is a Full Action, and does not leave time for anything else. This is particularly nasty for Sniper-types, as Aimed Shots is most likely going to be most used them. It really screws with Accurate weapons as these NEED an Aim action to be used to their full potential.

By RAW you're best of spending a Full turn Aiming, then using the Called Shot on the next turn. This will result in a net +10 bonus to your shot, not taking into consideration bonuses from Range, Talents, Equipment, etc.

But compared to the alternate (DH approach) you could be putting out 1 aimed, called shot every turn with a net bonus of +10. So this change has basically halved your rate of fire, for no particularly good reason.

Wow, really?

That's a really, really bad nerf. I'm doing:

Called Shots are the Dark Heresy version. As in, -20BS/WS to attack a specific location. You CAN autofire/swift attack a specific location, but it still follows the Multiple Hits Charts (IE: five shots from full auto on Called Shot: Body won’t all go on the Body). Note that you cannot use Called Shot for All-Out Attack.

Because you know what? When you fire the first shot, it"ll hit the head. The rest just won't. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Frankie said:

Wow, really?

That's a really, really bad nerf. I'm doing:

Called Shots are the Dark Heresy version. As in, -20BS/WS to attack a specific location. You CAN autofire/swift attack a specific location, but it still follows the Multiple Hits Charts (IE: five shots from full auto on Called Shot: Body won’t all go on the Body). Note that you cannot use Called Shot for All-Out Attack.

Because you know what? When you fire the first shot, it"ll hit the head. The rest just won't. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I am also running my campaign this way now. I have not seen any issues with it and see no reason to make called shots more difficult.