Additional Sheets Suggested

By Pappystein, in Only War Beta

So I am attempting to set up a campaign for my friends in Only War. Right off I notice a few things that could be added to make the game easier for the GM to run / PCs to understand all that is involved. The below fit in with the Imperium’s need to organize, collate and otherwise create a paperwork nightmare :) Truthfully these are suggested as aids for people who need them; they are/should not be a required portion of the game. These are listed in what I think their priority order (More important at the top) should be.

1) a Regimental Character sheet. This two page sheet that would cover every aspect of Chapter 2 Regimental Creation. (I am currently ginning up an Excel sheet for it but my Excel skills are far behind many others out there.

2) a Vehicle Character sheet. This would allow for GMs to make their own vehicles (my Regiment will be equipped with Salamander Recon Vehicles for example) based on any of the GW world.

3) A Campaign Sheet: This would have a place to record Mission data (see Mission sheet below) and would have the GMs overarching notes on the campaign. Things that would be placed on this sheet: Awards, Mission Name, Mission objectives completed, Base Mission XP generated. Real World date of mission, Game world Date of mission.

4) Mission sheet: This would be a record of the mission to be completed. It should be filled out to include all objectives of the mission (including those not known by the PCs at the start of the mission. A separate section should be setup for random encounters not as part of a planned mission.
Just a thought but I felt it was worthy to pass on. (PS the GM section would be a great place to have these!)

Craig P

Oooh, I like the idea of a Regimental Sheet.

Or even just a Regimental Sheet Checklist. Because all the mechanics could easily be fit on 2-4 pages and just have a checkbox list to use… Would be a good fan thing if anything. Especially to reduce the amount of page flipping when you make one.

I agree the regiment sheet is needed. That way I can work on regiments without having to worry about any thing.

I agree that a regiment sheet is needed and it would be nice to have vehicle character sheets.

Aetheral said:

I agree that a regiment sheet is needed and it would be nice to have vehicle character sheets.

This!

Agreed. Rogue Trader has a Starship sheet so I think Only War could do with a Regiment Sheet.

I'd also like to see a Psychic Powers Page and then take the psychic powers section off the Character Sheet. There isn't even enough space to really put what you need to know as a psyker about your few starting powers, let alone when you have upwards of 6-7 powers you need to remember, and since maybe a group of 5 players might have one psyker (and might have none) that space is better used for something all characters (including psykers) can use such as more weapon space or Mission Notes or something.

I concur. Regimental sheet is very necessary as its quite complex and requires a bit of back and forth to make sure you get the maximum out of your 12 points, which, lets face it. Everyone will be doing.

I do still feel the need for a Vehicle Character sheet. Just like Rogue Trader has a starship sheet, so should the rest of the games have a Vehicle sheet. In addition to the basic things like what weapons and other wargear this vehicle we are using has, it will allow player characters to keep track of damage, as well as a history of their vehicle.

Pappystein

If they do create a vehicle sheet, I hope they make the boxes for writing numbers in, just a teeny bit larger than they were on the Rogue Trader Ship sheet.

TCBC Freak said:

Agreed. Rogue Trader has a Starship sheet so I think Only War could do with a Regiment Sheet.

I'd also like to see a Psychic Powers Page and then take the psychic powers section off the Character Sheet. There isn't even enough space to really put what you need to know as a psyker about your few starting powers, let alone when you have upwards of 6-7 powers you need to remember, and since maybe a group of 5 players might have one psyker (and might have none) that space is better used for something all characters (including psykers) can use such as more weapon space or Mission Notes or something.

Good idea, it could be replaced by a section for apptitudes!