Other training and doctrine choices?

By Danayel, in Game Mechanics

One which springs to mind for me is a Heavy Infantry regiment.

They get mentioned in several of the 40k novels, and other fluff, not stormtroopers, but regular guards who just happen to wear carapace armour and possibly carry hotshots.

Cadian Karskins are one example off the top of my head, but I remember seeing them mentioned at least 2 or 3 other times in different fluff and novels.

Heavy Weapons squads?

Amphibious?

Danayel said:

Heavy Weapons squads?

Heavy weapon squads are part of infantry regiments of various types, and can be represented by a squad composed primarily of Heavy Gunners.

A Karskin could be easily represented by a Cadian Storm Trooper

Santiago said:

This is exactly how I would work one.

Santiago said:

From what I can remember, Karskins are officially the equivalent or even better than the average Storm Trooper, except they don't get all the badmouthing because they all served as guardsmen when they where kids.

MorioMortis said:

Santiago said:

From what I can remember, Karskins are officially the equivalent or even better than the average Storm Trooper, except they don't get all the badmouthing because they all served as guardsmen when they where kids.

Yea, pretty much anyone capable of holding a gun serves on Cadia (they teach their kids shooting before writing). The Karskins aren't disliked like the other Storm Troopers or storm trooper-esque units by normal Guard units because they probably have as much combat experience before getting recruited than the average guardsman.