Whats the next step

By Crovax20, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

So I got the revised core set and from what I gathered on these forums is that the Tile pack would be a nice purchase for a first expansion on the game. What do you guys suggest for first extra unit purchase?

Command squad? (I see there are 2 options, how do they differ)

Medium walker?

Another infantry unit?

If you've got the Revised Set, without a doubt your first expansion should be the medium walkers. The Luther and Mickey frames are such a mainstay of the game, and you get none of it in the Revised Set.

Definitely medium walkers. I would choose the heavy command squad over the standard if I had the choice to make again. The standard command squads abilities are just too chancey.

After the old Core set and the revised Corse set, i've bougth a third medium walker for Axis, to use as Lothar and the Kommandotrupp…ok their skill are chancey but give to the Lothar the possibility to shooting with no line of sight! very very helpful!

emilio68it said:

After the old Core set and the revised Corse set, i've bougth a third medium walker for Axis, to use as Lothar and the Kommandotrupp…ok their skill are chancey but give to the Lothar the possibility to shooting with no line of sight! very very helpful!

The heavy command squad has the artillery strike ability as well, does it not? And while the resupply ability is not as useful to the Axis as the Allies (new rockets for the Steel Rain) the combat drugs can be really ugly. Just the threat of double activation for Zombies with a hero, for example, can throw off your opponents plans.

The combat drugs are excellent and very powerful, the problem is in their timing of use as it telegraphs to your oppo your intentions.

So medium walkers should be the next purchase after the revise core set…What should be the next unit purchased for allies/axis?

IMO zou schould skip the comand units and even the medium walkers. I would get some normal inf units. Recon grenadiers and lets saz laser grenadiers for the axis and grim reapers plus the gunners for the allies. I myself own the RCS and the OCS and don't have a urgent need to bring in the comand squads. But, on the other hand liked the game more on the basic lvl without lvl 3 armr troops so you need to think about what you want to have in the game.