popg0estheworld's Axis Army (pic heavy)

By popg0estheworld, in Dust Warfare

Greetings, all!

I picked up Warfare about two months ago, and I fell in love with the world of DUST. It usually takes me forever to get around to painting an entire army, but for some reason, I really flew through my DUST stuff. Anyway, I wanted to share my hard work with you all-

-Luther/Lothar/Ludwig

DUSTMinis007.jpg

DUSTMinis010.jpg DUSTMinis011.jpg

DUSTMinis011.jpg

Hans-

DUSTMinis014.jpg

DUSTMinis017.jpg

DUSTMinis018.jpg

DUSTMinis018.jpg

Sturmpionier- (Skoda Factory pattern armor camo, with Maus Grey uniforms)

DUSTMinis020.jpg

DUSTMinis022.jpg

Tank Hunters/ Battle Grenadiers- (W/ Field applied armor camo and Liebermunster camo uniforms)

DUSTMinis023.jpg

DUSTMinis024.jpg

DUSTMinis025.jpg

Kampfaffen and Marcus-

DUSTMinis027.jpg

DUSTMinis031.jpg

Flak Grenadiers-

DUSTMinis032.jpg

DUSTMinis033.jpg

Angela-

DUSTMinis036.jpg

Totenmeister and Zombies-

DUSTMinis042.jpg

DUSTMinis045.jpg

Zombies and Grenadier X- (w/ prison uniforms)

DUSTMinis048.jpg

DUSTMinis049.jpg

Sniper Team- (BMM Ambush Scheme armor camo and SS-pattern spring camo uniforms)

DUSTMinis050.jpg

Kampfgruppen- (w/ Field applied armor camo and SS-pattern autumn camo)

DUSTMinis052.jpg

Thanks for checking my stuff out! I still have a few troopers and a Sturm Konig to finish painting, so I'll post when I finish them.

DUSTMinis023.jpg

Those are pretty fantastic. Nice work.

There is a lot of good hard work there. Nice theme.

Exceptional work!

Stunningly good work! How did you do the eagle on Angela's shirt?

OK…that's the best looking Axis army I've seen, great work!

I love the camo, but the work-camp uniforms on the zombies pushed me over the edge@!

Shadow4ce said:

Stunningly good work! How did you do the eagle on Angela's shirt?

It's freehand, with an 18/0 liner brush. I mix some black paint with some retarder so it doesn't dry on the super-thin brush, and just go to town.

Also, thanks, all!

That is the most amazing DUST army I have seen. It is fantastic. aplauso.gif

And THAT my friends, is why I will never post one of my painted models on this forum!! My models look passable from 6 feet way in very dim light after a few beers and two days of no sleep… lengua.gif

Great work, it's inspiration for me, eben if i'm not so good at painting camo….

Outstanding work. I especially like Grenadier X and his zombies… very very nice! aplauso.gif

Very nice man!

Any chance of a photo of the whole army?

Once I get my Koenig Luther all painted up, I'll do some group shots.

Good work, sir.

corazon.gif

WOW! Thats awesome the prison uniforms are very impressive.

Alright- a few group shots and update pics-

The whole gang-

FullKampfgruppe001.jpg

My kitbashed walker pilot-

FullKampfgruppe012.jpg

FullKampfgruppe008-1.jpg

My WIP Konigsluther- (still needs some weathering)

FullKampfgruppe015.jpg

The "nose art" on the Konigsluther

FullKampfgruppe013.jpg

Thanks!

Again, stunning work. And at the end, you thank us? No sir, thank you! Thank you for sharing your talent. Inspiring work. Makes me almost regret I went Premium pre-paint… Until I think how long just one of those would take me to get to that level, then I'm just glad I can see pics of yours.

Hey! Where did you get the female pilot?

i would like to know this two!

Shadow4ce said:

Again, stunning work. And at the end, you thank us? No sir, thank you! Thank you for sharing your talent. Inspiring work. Makes me almost regret I went Premium pre-paint… Until I think how long just one of those would take me to get to that level, then I'm just glad I can see pics of yours.

You flatter me! Thanks again!

AELFWINE said:

Hey! Where did you get the female pilot?

She is a bit of a kitbash- The head is from the "Sci-Fi Female Conversion Kit" by Shadowforge , though I had to resculpt her cap a bit to get it just right. The torso is from the same. The arms, legs, and accessories (pistol, binos, headset) are from the Tamiya 1/48 German Infantry set. I had to add a little bit to them to make them work, but the smaller-scale limbs worked pretty well for making a female model. If you saw her out of the turret, her legs are super narrow, and too small- but it works in this format pretty well. Honestly, a pretty simple conversion, even if one only has basic modelling skills.

I have a further question about the female pilot. I noticed shes positioned in an open hatch. Did you have to cut the hatch open for that? or does the model's hatch slide open?

-Thanks

p.s. Great work on all of it by the way.

wow, just stunning work. they look great I especially like the strips on the zombies

I registered on the forums just to comment on how awesome these minis look. Really outstanding. If you don't mind, I'm going to copy your prisoner zombie idea, those things look insane.

I do have to day the Zombies in the prisoner uniforms have a much much higher creep factor! Its just so suggestive.

The pre-painted miniatures will cry themselves to sleep from this day on. I hope you're happy with what you've done, sir! sorpresa.gif