Most Touching Moment(s)?

By PrinceCharming2, in 6. AGoT Spoiler Space

Rather than speculate, I thought it would be nice if we took a moment to reflect on some of the more compelling, or emotionally gripping parts of the novels.

Which moments, -however great or small-, resound with you, and why?

Let's not all jump to the Red Wedding, right off the bat. Here are a few of mine:

1. When Tywin renounces Jaime: A huge moment for my favourite Lannister, and it finally hit home that Jaime isn't anywhere near as much Tywin's son as his Father had always hoped. (as opposed to Tyrion).

2. When Jaime returns to Harrenhal to rescue Brienne: "Her name is Brienne, maid of Tarth. You are stil a maiden, arne't you?" "Yes." "Good, I only resuce maidens." - Another huge moment for him. It showed he could, and would change, but not without sacrificing 'who he was' in the sense of his personality.

3. The kiss between Pennny and Tyrion below deck on the ship from Volantis. - I don't have a huge reason for this, I just felt terribly sorry for her the entire time, and I thought this was sweet.

I probably have many more, but these are the three that have sprung to memory.

What're yours?

- PC

-corn?

-no… no corn…

thats jeor dying.

also when it is revealed that jojen is not gonna make it. I really liked this little dude :(

I thought this was a really good idea for a thread, to keep us remembering what happened! I can't stop thinking of how we have ended with all of the charracters, and it would be cool to remember how they got there.

Like how much of a beast Victarion is! just caughting a sword by his hand.

Sam ******* gilly! almost forgot about that. and the captain telling him he can swim or take care of her.. so funny.

Strong Belwas has some great moments, just takes a dump outside of Yunkai after he kills their champion.

All of his quotes are hilarious

Mine aren't really touching, but more compelling to me.

Sansa's breakdown at the end of Storm of Swords. In my opinion, that was the greatest scene in all of the books. After so many harsh disappointments, someone in that book finally says it. "Is it all lies, forever and ever, everyone and everything?" That summed up exactly how I was feeling at that time.

The part where Mirri mouths off to Dany. I never liked Dany and seeing someone spit truth to that entitled jerk hit me in the '**** yeah' feels.