Would you guys like a Computer game version of TI?

By HeroTONMA, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

An online game board for this game would be great just because of the convenience of being able to 'save' a game to pick up later.

I have played a lot of board and card games online and to date I have never played any PC version of a game, no matter how much I loved the board game version and found the experiance enjoyable beyond the novality of it.

I felt the same until I realised I could play Star Realms and beat my friends from home!

Seems like it would be fun!

I just watched your videos, and WOW you've done an awesome job! I highly recommend talking to FFG about this, because I think you've got the game halfway done! You've earned yourself a job at FFG for sure.

I don't know if you guys frequent the twilight imperium reddit, but I saw this video that looks really cool. There's some major differences, but overall looks to be the closest thing to twilight imperium yet.

!!!

LOL.. I was part of that team!!!!... it was once called Arkis Vir. I see now that it has progressed a lot since last year. I notice that they still have my Race Insignia's in the game... good for them! :)

!!!

LOL.. I was part of that team!!!!... it was once called Arkis Vir. I see now that it has progressed a lot since last year. I notice that they still have my Race Insignia's in the game... good for them! :)

Cool! I think the best part about it is it has AI as well as multiplayer. This is the type of game where it's hard to find people to play with, so hopefully it's moddable or well fleshed out on release.

Just picked up the game! was busy all weekend but going to give it a try tonight! Very encouraging that the game has positive reviews, and a lot of people are saying it scratches the itch for a TI3 video game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/439960

SaboutS, who is a regular over at the explorminate forums, did a nice preview with a pre-release build. Some issues but overall looks great!

There is always Table Top Simulator.

There is always Table Top Simulator.

I think tabletop simulator gives a really true experience to the game, and is better than Vassal for sure. But now that I've experienced a TI3-like that can be played in 30 minutes, to a few hours, it's really hard to go back. Also playing against challenging AI opponents whenever I want is a huge plus. Not to mention having all of the rules enforced by the game