GenCon exclusives?

By VaultDweller, in X-Wing

I haven't been to GenCon in years but would go if there was an exclusive for X-wing that would be available. How about new pilots or alt pilots or, better yet, a limited edition ship sculpt of Luke's X-Wing. Any plans for a GenCon exclusive, and if so, what is it?

I'd be happy with the release of the flippin' game at this point… ;)

I hope not. Nothing kills a game faster for me than all that exclusive nonsense. I don't want a second hobby of "chasing down and over-paying for exclusives" to have a complete game.

I second Acrizer's comment.

When I started playing the A Game of Thrones LCG, I asked if FFG ever releases any promos or convention only cards. I was told they only did it once and then made the card available to everyone shortly afterwards, so I don't think they'll start down the promo path.

An alternate sculpt is not a game breaker and you wouldn't need to spend anything to get one. Paint the R2 unit different and tilt the ship in the opposite direction, and have an alternate card art without changing the stats and it's an interesting way to promo the game and it doesn't affect play at all.

This will be a big part of the reason I decide to play in the GenCon tourney… I really hope we get some type of fighter or at least some pilot cards as participants.

I hope that they give us a deal on the starter pack.

syberhawk said:

Why would they discount a sure sell?

qwertyuiop said:

syberhawk said:

Why would they discount a sure sell?

I would love them to give attendees a discount. They only way I could see them do that is with some sort of card -- play X amount of demos at the con, and receive a $5 discount on the core set. Heck, the real money is with the expansions -- $15.00/expansion; expansions just have one ship and cards, I believe.