Channeling and curry favor rule

By Flames2, in WFRP House Rules

After talking a lot about this subject. If you use the rules of the manual you will never see an aprentice venting power or an initate angering his god. Due to this and the danger that this actions mean. Nobody should play with them without having enough knowledge to control them.

We changed a pair of rules during channeling or curry favor actions:

1) You can not choose the success line you want. You get the highest result according to your score

2) You can remove "good dices" (not violet, or black dices) from your total pool dice to avoid over channeling. Adjusting the pool of dices but without knowing what will happen. if you reduce them too much, you may not get the power you needed happy.gif

With this rule you will see aprentices and initiates trying to control the winds of magic. You will have a lot of fun!!! 100% certified

It was no sense to see a rank 0 aprentice with willpower 3 channeling and casting like pilling potatoes, and without venting power. No more!!! If you become a wellknown wizard with willpower 5 you will channel a lot of power without problems, so you could use the full dice pool to get all the power you need.

To clarify:

- Adjust your dice pool (without removing violet or black dices) from your total dice pool

- Roll them

- If success, you get the highest successfull line that matches with your score (you can not choose)

We've always played that you trigger the highest success line on the card by default, which I think lends some weight to the channeling power as you describe.

I've also created a host of rituals (including a protective circle) that requires magic users to channel a lot of power, and for Rank 1 & 2 casters, will lead to over channeling.

I like the idea of freely discarding beneficial dice to attempt to control power/favour acquisition.

We are glad to give ideas! happy.gif

We did that (removing "good dices" form the total dice pool) to have some control during channeling action but leaving the random factor on the results. When you are an rank 0 aprentice and you get skills or talents that increase dice pool during channeling action, it should mean you can channel more power/favor, but it should not mean you lose control. So at the end is like, ok, I want to get magic power/favor but not so much!

The problem with this Channeling/Curry favor actions is they do not work like normal actions:

Normal actions:

1 success: Ok

2 success: Great

3 success: Awesome

Channeling/Favor actions:

1 success: Ok

2 success: Great

3 success: oh, oh! to much power/favor! I am about to burst! (bad)

The success progress is not the same!