So, what are you hoping for?

By El_Tonio, in X-Wing

Well, this lack of information is a real downer. But, we know a few things about the game:

(1) Looks like it will be based on Wings of Glory -- Would like to know what more folks think about this (especially things you hope are the same ad things you hope are different)?

(2) The first ships that will be available -- X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced (all good choices to start us off, I think)

(3) There will be at least 29 pilots in three of the expansions (still not sure what's in the TIE Advance)

(3a) We know at least 3-5 of the pilots -- Wedge, Horton Salm, & Backstabber (and I'm guessing Luke and Vader from what I've read… maybe even different versions of each) -- What other pilots are you hoping to see?

(4) There will be equipment -- concussion missiles and astromech droids for sure based on what I read about the expansions-- what other equipment do you hope to see?

(5) There will be scenarios that are supposed to play a little different each time -- what scenarios are you hopping for?

(6) We've seen the dice -- I have not played Wings of Glory and am not quite sure how these will work, does anyone happen to know or have thoughts about this?

Am I missing anything? If so, let me know and I'm happy to add a question about it. Hopefully this will give us something fun to talk/think about since FFG doesn't seem interested in keeping us interested.

13 pilots in the core: 9 TIE pilots and 4 x-wing pilots.

Thanks! So, that's at least 29 pilots + whatever comes with the TIE Advanced. Would love to hear what people hope for for pilots and everything else.

It would be cool to see pilots from the 501st. Biggs Darklighter and Dak.

I wonder if they are going to put like StarFighter Pilot only on the pilot cards. When FFG releases Transport ships like the Falcon, will they be restricted on who can fly the different kinds of ships?

El_Tonio said:

Thanks! So, that's at least 29 pilots + whatever comes with the TIE Advanced. Would love to hear what people hope for for pilots and everything else.

That seems like alot of pilots for only 7 ships. (Based on only buying 1 of each ship/starter ships)

I hope the scenarios are based on the number of players. I know it says 2 players on the box but when I watched the GenCon demo they had 6 players each having 1 or 2 ships to control. I think this game would be really fun with 6 to 8 people. 6 - 8 tie fighters (or 4-6 w/ 1 Tie Advance with Vader) against 3 - 4 X-Wings with Luke and Wedge.

Sprenger said:

I wonder if they are going to put like StarFighter Pilot only on the pilot cards. When FFG releases Transport ships like the Falcon, will they be restricted on who can fly the different kinds of ships?

So far it appears that each pilot has the icon for the specific ship he pilots, meaning that Darth Vader can't fly TIE fighters and Luke Skywalker can't fly X-wings. In order for Luke to pilot a Y-wing, they would have to develop a different card. This is because ship stats are integrated in the pilot cards. It appears that the stats are the same for all TIEs and all x-wings, but the special abilities (which haven't been revealed) and initiative numbers are what makes each pilot different.

Sprenger said:

El_Tonio said:

That seems like alot of pilots for only 7 ships. (Based on only buying 1 of each ship/starter ships)

I agree it's a lot to start with, but I think that is a good thing as it will lead to lots of variety and replayability. If you read all the descriptions, there will be at least that many + whatever comes with the TIE Advance.

Budgernaut said:

Sprenger said:

So far it appears that each pilot has the icon for the specific ship he pilots, meaning that Darth Vader can't fly TIE fighters and Luke Skywalker can't fly X-wings. In order for Luke to pilot a Y-wing, they would have to develop a different card. This is because ship stats are integrated in the pilot cards. It appears that the stats are the same for all TIEs and all x-wings, but the special abilities (which haven't been revealed) and initiative numbers are what makes each pilot different.

Good catch. I haven't looked at the pilot cards all that much but it does make sense. You can't have Darth Vader joy riding around the galaxy in the Falcon.

Shoot! I meant to say Luke Skywalker can't fly Y-wings.