Regionals deck lists

By COCLCG, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

I'm still knew to the game and slowly building my card base. Arer you using primarily newer Asylum Packs or mixing in the older ones as well?

Personally, most of my decks end up as a mix. There's no real intent either way, which pack they came from is more or less irrelevant information. You pick the cards that fit what you want to do. There really isn't any power creep over time, so many cards from the Core set or early packs are just as useful now as they were back then. Most of the time when I pick a card, I have no idea when it came out anyway.

Now that i think of it… the pack i dont have yet and want to buy is Spawn of Sleeper - the first AP; but has a few really nice cerds like dr Carson

And dreamlands cycle had many other really powerfull cards, maybe my whining about Khopesh, Maser and Ya-te-voo makes less sense than i thought.

I think newer packs have less really bad cards, but im not sure.

I really recomend checking databases and buying packs for specyfic cards you want to try in your deck.

Gigantis said:

I'm still knew to the game and slowly building my card base. Arer you using primarily newer Asylum Packs or mixing in the older ones as well?

Hey Matt,

I think you will find people building decks with cards from a variety of asylum packs, boxed expansions. There isn't currently a format that restricts which sets to play with. I recommend going to Cardgame DB and using the card browser . This should help show you not only what cards come in each pack, but what cards you may need to build a deck with that matches your possible style.

In other words, just build decks with what you have. Let me know what sets you have access to and I will try and build a deck that revolves around those so the playing field is more even card poolwise next time we get a chance to play at FFG EC.