I want Mao, how can I get him?

By RoyalRook, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I want Mao in my game, this is the first major board game I have purchased, and it's such a let down that Mao is not actually in the game as advertised. I want an explanation and want to have access to the Mao leadership card for the game. There is a way for me to get it? I feel like being cheated.

As I understand it, FFG was forced to exchange chairman Mao for another leader due to a chinese law that prohibits any negative portrayal of Mao. This would apparently include even the potential of loosing this board game with him. I believe, however, that this only affected the copies of the game to be distributed to China/Asia.

Fnoffen said:

As I understand it, FFG was forced to exchange chairman Mao for another leader due to a chinese law that prohibits any negative portrayal of Mao. This would apparently include even the potential of loosing this board game with him. I believe, however, that this only affected the copies of the game to be distributed to China/Asia.

In the german version Mao is also replaced by Wu Zetian.

No, I bought the game in the US about two weeks ago, and there is no Mao. What were they thinking about changing it for the US? Don't Fantasy Flight Games like money? Just give us a way to buy it, who doesn't like extra revenue? Does money smell bad for the game makers?

So I believed wrongly about geographical area. I do, however, still think the reason is the chinse law.

I bought my copy before they changed the chinese leader to Wu Zeitan (I believe) so I have Chairman Mao. I could, in the interrest of balance between sexes, be persuaded to exchange my Mao for a Wu Zeitan. A case of "send me yours and I'll send you mine" if you will. Provided, of course, that nothing else was changed on the Chinese civilization board and that it is complete and in good condition.

So no interrest in trading chinese civ-sheets?

Yes, I would love to.