Mission Pack 1 Thoughts

By Old Dwarf, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Mine arrived yesterday so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but here's the new Enemies:

Flame Grenadier(Drone Proxy)
Butcher(Boomer Proxy)
Feral Berserker(Berserker)
Grenader(Drone Proxy)
Palace Gd(Theron Gd Proxy)
General Ramm(Boomer Proxy)

The AL Cards ,Locust & Enemy Cards from the Base Game are not used so what you get is unique to the 2 Missions included in the Pack.The new Locust Stats are in general a little stronger that base game standard issue,General Raam is of course a bear so the "Showdown" Mission which includes both the General & the Feral Berserker should be rather deadly demonio.gif

Alas no Mauler is included so my Heroclix figs ones are still without official stats but at least my General Raan converted Heroclix fig now has a real use.

I really wish FFG would come out with some minatures as I don't like the proxy use,if they can do it for AH why not GoW gui%C3%B1o.gif .

OD

I didn't mind the proxy stuff as this is only a $10 booster pack, but 2 things disappointed me:

1) The 4 "new" weapon cards are just 4 more scorcher cards…really? No retro, no digger, no sawed-off?

2) No new COG characters. It would have made sense to even have Kimh from Gears 1 as a new playable character considering these missions revolve around RAAM.

Haven't played the missions yets, so I cannot comment on if they are good or not, but on the surface I'm a little let down. They better put out a legit expansion soon…

can anyone post some pics of the components?

wow its taking awhile for my pod to come any one have a hard time with this?

finally got mine yesterday my brother and i ran through search for the stranded and my gf, bro and i started playing showdown at 730 last night and finally got to level 2 at 1030 and stopped for the night now waiting to finish. Wow have to say awesome additions wish for new mini's but there is plenty of action in this expansion. hope its not another 10 months until we see something else.