can someone help me

By ellobo2, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

i´m a new player to dust tactics and i have a Revised Core set and i like to play the axis can anyone give me good tips about units

the units i like from the core set are

* lara walter

* the heavy flak grenadiers

* and hans

but i want to buy these 3 Expansion

* Heavy Recon Grenadiers

* Heavy Kommandotrupp

* Light Panzer Walker

but i don´t know if it are good units and if it can i like some tips about them to and some unit i can place with them

I would get the light armour command troop, and the light walkers are really good…i would field a ludwig with its 88 flak cannons.

If you choose the heavy mg squad lara would be good to use with them :)

thanks i will look for those models and hope to be a good german soldier

ellobo said:

thanks i will look for those models

Heavy Laser Grenadiers go very well with Lara, my Axis opponents does it all the time. But they are not that different from the Heavy Flaks, so if you're looking for variety, you might want to go with something more unique like the Zombies or Apes.

I find the Heavy Command Squads to be a lot more fun to play with than the A2 Command Squads. Get them by all means.

Light Panzer Walker is very useful as well. The Heinrich is a unique asset to the Axis, a cheap unit that constantly terrorizes infantry with its U range. It is a constant nuisance.

Do not underestimate the laser grenadiers (heavy or light). My wife has lost her heavy allied walker to the heavy lasers more than once. The laser effect is not always effective but when you pull it off, boy is it fun…

Loophole Master said:

Heavy Laser Grenadiers go very well with Lara, my Axis opponents does it all the time. But they are not that different from the Heavy Flaks, so if you're looking for variety, you might want to go with something more unique like the Zombies or Apes.

I find the Heavy Command Squads to be a lot more fun to play with than the A2 Command Squads. Get them by all means.

Light Panzer Walker is very useful as well. The Heinrich is a unique asset to the Axis, a cheap unit that constantly terrorizes infantry with its U range. It is a constant nuisance.

These are great suggestions! While the Heavy Recons are cool, they really are quite similar to the Heavy Flaks plus you have only one hero (Lara) to join an Armor 3 squad. You should rather go for the Zombies plus the Axis Hero pack that offers two Zombie Heroes to join the Zombies and Stefan who can join the Surmpioniere from the Core Set. Heavy Kommandotrupp and Heinrich are great buys as well.

And a correction, I meant Heavy Recon Greandiers, not Heavy Laser Grenadiers above.

I'll risk going a little bit against the grain.

It seems like you want to own an Axis force made up primarily of A3 infantry and A3 walkers (heavy inf., light walkers).

Maybe think of diversifying into some of the units from the original Core Set like A2 Laser Grenadiers or Recon Grenadiers. Also adding Special Ops Grenadiers and a Ludwig (A4 walker) box will give you the flexibility of using artillery in your games. With these, it'll also give you more of a diverse range of AP, which will just allow you to find a flexible mix of forces that fits your play style.

But then again, I'm a big fan of Axis zombies.

Brrrraiiins….