Draining Domains -- the subsequent result?

By Blutsteigen, in CoC Rules Discussion

Greetings all,

Opening up our starters tomorrow and playing our first game. After perusing the rules and practicing with my other packs I would appreciate if someone can give an example of how draining a domain works?

For instance, let's say I drain a domain worth 2 to bring my Demented Caretaker into play. Do those two cards representing the icons go to my discard pile, bakc to my active draw deck, or just get pushed under the indicator card (the one not in play, not part of my deck)?

During the refresh phase, does anything happen to that domain area, or do I simply have the option during the Resource phase to add a card card resource again?

Simple questions I know, but this could trip us up tomorrow and we are normally not card players. Thanks in advance for walking us through.

Draining the domain does just that: Place an indicator that that domain has been used. The resources on it are unaffected - But unavailble until the domain is refreshed. Any resources on that domain remain in place, to determine the value of that domain.

The exeption are the "transient" resources;

Cards with the Transient keyword count as two resources when the domain they are attached to is drained to play a card. Once a domain with a Transient resource attached to it is drained for any reason, all Transient resources attached are destroyed and placed in the discard pile. In the LCG, the Transient keyword is represented graphically with an arrow next to the resource icons.

perfect, thank you. This makes sense, as building up domains would be too difficult if they were removed.

Blutsteigen said:

perfect, thank you. This makes sense, as building up domains would be too difficult if they were removed.

Though it might make for an interesting one off tournament. demonio.gif