thoughts on the new SF movie

By GeneralReaction89, in UFS Off Topic

guitalex2008 said:

I went to see it with the absolute lowest expectations ever. I came out pleasantly surprised.

Maybe it's because I don't really follow Street Fighter canon so closely. But whatever, this is definitely a movie you'll enjoy being drunk in the dollar theater for sure.

i see what you did there...

vermillian said:

I found it more enjoyable than Watchmen.

another in the list of people that are dead to me. welcome to your new exclusive status aplauso.gif

GouHadou said:

vermillian said:

How dare you. =;(

I read the graphic novel. Sure, the movie doesn't compare. But i still thought they did an awesome job with the movie, considering the changes they made and the stuff they had to leave out due to time. Don't worry, though-the dvd is slated to have about 45 minutes of extras added to it.

Plus, the song Hallelujah has a whole new meaning to me. A funny one at that.

GouHadou said:

vermillian said:

another in the list of people that are dead to me. welcome to your new exclusive status aplauso.gif

More people find verm dead to them, funny that.

Still won't beat MY record though.

GouHadou said:

i went and saw it friday night.

i am quite sad i didn't keep the 12.50 in my pocket as i could've have an extra vodka cranberry at the bar later.

*SPOILER ALERT*

-balrog doesn't have boxing gloves. he has black fingered gloves.
-gen/liu kang has non-white hair
-majority of movie is in thailand, yet NO SAGAT CAMEO.... W T F
-rose is bison's daughter
-actress playing rose could have been a more believeable vega than taboo, in fact, i would have PREFERRED that vega was a girl as opposed to the mugly bastard.
-don't expect the movie to make any sense at all. you have to view this as an alternate reality where: Nash has dark brown hair and is part of interpol (???), chun-li is taught a fireball by Gen/liu kang, gen kills balrog, rose isn't an italian gypsy, vega is a black haired ugmo that chun li makes fun of so being so ugly, chun's father is a busniess man working for muhbison and not the chief (commisioner?) of police. it goes on.

12.50?????? You got screwed, at least in my area there is an AMC24 and Regal Cinemas that are 5 bucks in the afternoon.

Ender Dragon said:

12.50?????? You got screwed, at least in my area there is an AMC24 and Regal Cinemas that are 5 bucks in the afternoon.

this was AT a regal in union sq. welcome to NYC prices llorando.gif