Tournament Rules Updated (version 2.2)

By Yipe, in CoC General Discussion

Yipe said:

The tournament rules have been updated, including rules about unsportsmanlike conduct, scouting and how to wrap up a tied game.

Here's the link:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/coc/support/coc-Tournament%20Rules%20Ver%202.2.pdf

Did they just add the two latest chapter packs to the legal card pool for regionals? That sucks. I thought they were going to have a fixed season.

Hm, I seem to recall last year that they did something pretty similar, making packs legal after they had been available for a month. I kind of expected this to be honest.

AGoT DC Meta said:

Yipe said:

The tournament rules have been updated, including rules about unsportsmanlike conduct, scouting and how to wrap up a tied game.

Here's the link:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/coc/support/coc-Tournament%20Rules%20Ver%202.2.pdf

Did they just add the two latest chapter packs to the legal card pool for regionals? That sucks. I thought they were going to have a fixed season.

No, that was an unitended side effect on the wording used. Many people thought this. Damon came out and basically said that after an appriopiate amount of time, newer packs would become legal for tournament play.

However, its still upltimately up to the TO (within reason). Obviously everything listed is defiantely legal, but for instance Written and Bound was legal for Ohio, but Words of Power was not. WnB was out for about a month while *** came out that week. Still, neither were officially listed as legal at the time.