Renewed interest

By Rashley, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Since FFG announced the release of this game, the interest in it has been tremendous. And rightfully so. It was a great game and, in my opinion, a mistake by Wizards to drop. There have been many die hard devotees still playing with the old card - now getting rare. Since the news, I have had plenty of requests to bring in my old decks so that new players can get a feel of the game. The responses have been overwhelmingly positive. Now all we need is a peek at the rules to see what changes, if any, have been made. Not too many I hope. FFG will be competing with their own 'Intrigue' on setting, but this new Netrunner should still be unique in play style. Cheers!

I am surprised how much interest there is for this game. Netrunner never really got a big audience but apparently those who tried it remember it fondly to this day as do I.

The great thing about Netrunner was how different it was from the standard formula of CCGs that were appearing at that time, and it still is one of the few asymmetrical CCGs I have seen that actually works. It had flaws, of course, but those flaws are the kind that I think will be easy to iron out in a conversion to LCG format. My biggest hope is that they will preserve the feel of of CG images for the cyberspace cards and the traditional paintings for real world cards.

Janus said:

The great thing about Netrunner was how different it was from the standard formula of CCGs that were appearing at that time, and it still is one of the few asymmetrical CCGs I have seen that actually works. It had flaws, of course, but those flaws are the kind that I think will be easy to iron out in a conversion to LCG format. My biggest hope is that they will preserve the feel of of CG images for the cyberspace cards and the traditional paintings for real world cards.

And it was sort of cut down in it's prime. It never really had a chance to wear out its welcome or its goodwill.