Friend Finder

By SamsDad, in Support

The Friend Finder option only allows you to search by state. It seems it would be much more useful if you could narrow it to a city as well. Or, at the very least, shouldn't the city be listed in people's profiles once you do the search by state? Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but the usefulness of this tool would be much improved if this were added.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

For me it would be more usefull to search by country. Not all countrys have states you know.

Some sites use zip code in addition to city. I prefer zip code over city because, well, I can easily drive the next city (or two) over. happy.gif

Yep, some more awareness to different countries ways of dividing areas , cities and such.

E.G. I come from Denmark , Copenhagen. But I could also say Denmark, Sealand, Copenhagen area, Rødovre which has its own zip code but it is not very big geographic area I only have to move a few km to get out of this area. People might want to write what region they live in or what island they live on or the region they live in. So poepl can search on country and/or city/area or what ever they would like to search on.

Others from Denmark might write it like this

Denmark, west Sealand, Kalundborg here Kalundborg is the city and west sealand is the area or region.

Denmark, Læsø (a island in the middel of nowhere)

Denmark, Jutland, Middel Jutland, Århus

My sugestion is

Country

state*

Area**

Area2

Zipcode*

City*

*optional

**This could be anything e.g. I do not officially live in Copenhagen but I am so close it called Stor København (Big Copenhagen) meaning Copenhagen and the suburbs. Or people could mention what island they live on or