New Box + Promo idea for any card-based game

By -wuhsawbe-, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I've recently started playing Rune Age a few days ago, and noticed an issue that it shared with other primarily card based games… the cards do not fit very well back into the box and with little to no organization options. Personally, I much prefer to carry my games in their original boxes as opposed to putting them in generic, blank card boxes. I plan to build a foamcore insert to fit into the original box to correct the issue, but I would gladly pay for an official option to hold and organize the cards with Rune Age's beautiful box art!

My suggestion comes down to this: why not make and sell an extra box, large enough to fit the a game's core set of cards, plus extra space for future expansions. Put some promos or something in the box to sweeten the deal, and I'd imagine it would do as well as any other expansion. Heck, in the case of Rune Age it would be a perfect way to introduce an additional faction. Arkham Horror would be another example. Come out with a large box, enough to hold and organize the cards from the core + all the expansions in a single box. Throw in maybe an extra investigator, monsters, encounters, items, or whatever you would want just so that someone is paying for more than "just a box".

Well, that's my idea. We gamers can come up with some creative ways to organize our stuff, but a lot of us I imagine would gladly pay for something more official than foamcore inserts we cut and crafted at home…