Combat…

By whelan0kkult, in Reference Materials

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is the right section to put this thread on but I figured I would try. Anyway I am still pretty new to the game and I love it. However I did not see anywhere in the rules book if two or more investigators can attack the same monster if they are all sharing the same space. In other words is combat solely one on one?

They can't. Combat is a solitary task. And you should ask your rule questions in the main forum.

Thank you for the clarification, and I am sorry for putting the thread in the wrong section. :(

whelan0kkult said:

Thank you for the clarification, and I am sorry for putting the thread in the wrong section. :(

Don't be sorry about that, Hugues told you to post in the main section simply because only few of us regularly skim this section here. So, if you want to have a quicker and more detailed answer, it's better when your questions have a larger visibility :-)

As for your question, remember, you have to follow the rule of the phases: monsters are fought during the Movement phase. Each investigator starting from the first player resolves *entirely* his phase before the investigator on his left starts resolving the very same phase. This is why you cannot have multiple investigators fighting at the same time the same monster.

Hope this helps!

Yep, sorry if my answer looked a bit rude. Wasn't the idea at all. As Julia states, you'll have better and quicker answers.

And I don't think that part of forum is specific for rule questions so the main forum looks better.