Just received my copy - - - -NICE!

By VonEpp, in Battlestar Galactica

GREETNGS,

Went out and purchased a copy last night (11-22-08) from a local "Brick and Mortar" store. This was an early birthday gift to myself...thank you! Got home and opened her up. Ahhhh….the new game aroma…makes me so happy!

I found the components were of exceptional quality. I punched my counters and sorted / bundled my cards. The art work and images from BSG were perfectly used by FFG's, very nice indeed. You get several standard sized decks and a smaller ( Twilight Imperium ) sized decks. For my aging eyes, I wish they were all larger but I will get past this since each card is chocked full of graphics and information.

The game board was larger than expected, perfect use of space. The game board is thick and made from high quality components. The graphics are top notch matching and exceeding most FFG games. I installed the included four resource dials without mishap and found that FFG had inserted an additional set of dial plugs just in-case I was clumsy...thank you FFG. You must be keeping a database on me....D'Hoh! (BTW... these dials remind me of my days long ago playing electric football...yeehaw !) These dials were ingenious use of space. I can see other games use them for example: Starcraft resource/worker management. Great Job!

The character sheets are well designed and provide excellent information to the player. Each “ starring ” character represented on the board by use of tokens attached to plastic stands. Both the stands and character tokens are of high quality.

The civilian ships and Battlestars in BSG are represented by punch-board tokens. These are fine and do as they are designed to do. I would like to see these offered someday in 3-D as an upgrade to my game. I would be first in-line to get these.

The Vipers/ Raiders/Raptors ships which are represented by silver plastic models. I found them to be smaller than expected but they were nicely done. These ship counters scream to be painted….

The rule booklet is probably the best that FFG has published to date. Clear and crisp. PERFECT!

The box is of standard FFG midsize as that of Twilight expansion box. All components fit nicely inside without any issues.

As a whole, I would rate the game components a 9 out of ten, a near perfect game .

As for game play…I haven’t played to date. I will soon test my mettle in the cold harshness of space with live opponents…and see who the Cylon in my group is.

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

Thank you FFG!

Ooh you lucky ..... !!!

My copy could arrive any day now .......

demonio.gif

Grin....

Picked mine up this weekend as well and we intend to give it a go this week, looking forward to the game. Only thing that surprised me a bit about this release is that it wasn't a large box game. But seeing the contents and game board it really didn't need to be.