Latest news on release date….

By R2D3, in X-Wing

So after seeing all of the people on here wondering the same thing that I was, I decided to email FFG as follows:

"Thank you for the information. I have now preordered through a local retailer.

However, there appears to be no word on a possible release date for this game on any website, including your own. You have the release date shown as "Q2 2012". It strikes me that Q2 ends in June, yet no further update is visible and your own timescales shown make this appear impossible (by your own scale it takes around 6-8 weeks after being "at the printer")

You may have seen on the forums section of your website that a large number of fans and customers have been asking this question for a number of months (but with no reply given). This has lead some customers on your forums to feel fairly ignored.

As such I thought I would query this directly with yourselves. I understand that you cannot be specific with dates etc, but any update would be incredibly well recieved. Then perhaps I/ you could inform the scores of people asking the same question on your forums?"

Below is their reply:

"Thanks for your input and your enthusiasm for X Wing!

X Wing is being moved to the third quarter and the upcoming page should be updated over the next couple of business days.

The team member that normally keeps it updated has been out of the office and has not been able to keep it updated. That issue will be corrected over the next couple of business days. We are sorry over any confusion that has happened due to this.

As always. If you have any more questions feel free to ask us!"

So… September potentially? It would have been nice if they had updated it or kept the forum informed without my "help me ffg, you're my only hope", but at least its some news right? (even if it is now months until I have this game :( )

Thanks for posting. FFG has been telling retailers that the game will be available in August in time for release at GenCon. That's August 16th.

The website from Heidelberger Spielveverlag (german licensee of ffg) also say's
that the release date is August2012 for the english and german version.
Noticed it two weeks ago, but forget to post it.

http://www.heidelbaer.de/einzelansicht-spiel/spiel/star_wars_x_wing/

Thanks for posting this!

At the risk of sounding like a "glass is half empty" kind of person, we should have this game in hand by Christmas.

bsmith13 said:

Thanks for posting this!

At the risk of sounding like a "glass is half empty" kind of person, we should have this game in hand by Christmas.

Nice!

The most recent announcement said "this summer" so I'm optimistic about that. But at the end of this week it will have been 1 month since their last update. They really made it sound like they had tons of updates coming through the pipelines, so I'm really hoping for another one this week, and maybe it'll have more information on the release date, but I doubt it. After this recent reply (and thanks for asking and posting, by the way) I think we'll be seeing this game in the not-too-distant future.

As long as they get this game out before my son gets interested in girls, I'm alright. After that, I probably won't have an opponent! :D

I. J. Thompson said:

As long as they get this game out before my son gets interested in girls, I'm alright. After that, I probably won't have an opponent! :D

lol!

I. J. Thompson said:

Show him a picture of that beetle you encountered a while back. Tell him it's a cootie, and girls have them.

Or, you could try and get him in a nice internet relationship with a girl in Minnesota, then offer to bring him over for a visit. happy.gif

Dog Solitude said:

I. J. Thompson said:

Show him a picture of that beetle you encountered a while back. Tell him it's a cootie, and girls have them.

Or, you could try and get him in a nice internet relationship with a girl in Minnesota, then offer to bring him over for a visit. happy.gif

Awesome! I love you guys!

Well, I am REALLY crossing my fingers that they will be released before the middle of August when my bro and I are meeting up. Then we can play against each other! But like Budgernaut said, they said summer release, so that's the best I can hope for.

Dog Solitude said:

I. J. Thompson said:

I can't tell if you want him to hang out with you, or if Minnesota girls delay what puberty intended.

qwertyuiop said:

Dog Solitude said:

I. J. Thompson said:

I can't tell if you want him to hang out with you, or if Minnesota girls delay what puberty intended.

Dog n' me have been friends since way back, but we've never actually been able to meet in RL. cool.gif

I totally expected that the game will first release at GenCon, and then ship to stores a few weeks after that. It is a typical practice for game companies.

Gah! I want it now! I was expecting it in the next month or so… Now it might be longer?!? Sad face.

I'm so glad they are giving us updates in a timely manner. A FEW BUSINESS DAYS!!!

Any chance of a followup to see if this now meas eXpansions will be released simultaneously with the base game?

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

Any chance of a followup to see if this now meas eXpansions will be released simultaneously with the base game?

At the bottom of the " Accelerate to Attack Speed " page it says, "Arriving at the same time as the X-Wing Miniatures Game Core Set, you can add even more starfighters to your games with the X-Wing expansion packs." So probably the answer to your question is, "Yes."

My internet retailer of choice, 13th floor, recently announced the expansions for August, so that's what I'm kinda aiming for…

This past weekend I was looking at the June issue of Game Trade Magazine and they say expected release is July. Whatever that's worth… <shrug>

I'm hoping its out before Gencon.Their release dates have been slipping sooo much lately.

Hah! And they never did update the status as they claimed they would. Still shows at the printer, release Q2. WTH has happened to FFG?

Judging from the news over the last few days, I'd say they're tracking for a GenCon release (with retail stores getting theirs a month or two afterwards).

Any News at all about the release? I want to pre-order this but until they have some type of real date up I will just save my money until closer to the release…

The release date, according to a reliable source, is in late July -- perfect time for me to blow any gift cards I may receive for my birthday the week before.

Sorry, it's been announced that they are releasing it at Gencon, and then shipping shortly thereafter. So we'll have to wait until Late August, unfortunately.

It's a good assumption that they'll ship it shortly after GenCon, since they'll be selling it there. But the fact is that we have no proof (that I'm aware of) that the game will be shipped in August. As far as we know, the subsequent sets may not even get to us until mid September. Until there's official news of shipping -- not just the GenCon release -- I'm going to consider the release date as still unannounced.