Latest news on release date….

By R2D3, in X-Wing

Last year FFG was selling "Blood Bowl: Team Manager" for the first time. It wasn't available to non-GenCon attendees until October if I remember correctly.

z22 said:

Last year FFG was selling "Blood Bowl: Team Manager" for the first time. It wasn't available to non-GenCon attendees until October if I remember correctly.

I think I speak for everyone not able to attend GenCon when I say this isn't the type of news we were hoping for. Let's hope they learned from that delay and will have X-Wing ready to ship once GenCon is over.

ImmortalJedi said:

I think I speak for everyone not able to attend GenCon when I say this isn't the type of news we were hoping for. Let's hope they learned from that delay and will have X-Wing ready to ship once GenCon is over.

There's nothing to be learned here by FFG. XWing will ship whenever the boat gets to the states and through customs or during GenCon, which ever is later. If the boat isn't scheduled to be here by GenCon it means FFG had a pallet of product air shipped to have at GenCon. This is SOP for game companies.

Star Wars: X-Wing™ Miniatures Game Inaugural Tournament
Friday, August 17th
Registration begins 10:00am
Prelims 11:00am – 3:00pm

I find it weird they would have a tourney for a game that wouldn't be released before the day of said tourney. I know GenCon starts on the 16th, but do they really expect people to buy and sign up without having time to get used to the gameplay? My thought is that it will be released at least two weeks prior.

They will be selling it at GenCon, starting on Thursday the 16th. People have a whole day to buy and read up and strategize.

Yes, I think they do expect people to do exactly this.

I am really hoping they are going to have the general release at the same time as GenCon. That would suck to be left out because you couldn't spend hundreds of dollars to travel across the country to pick 'em up in person…

I totally agree. I would bet that since the core set was supposed to come out in Q2, those will probably be ready to go right after Gen Con. I don't know about the expansions, though.