The Android Universe

By David Spangler, in Android

The whole Android universe is now broadening out as a new FFG intellectual property. With the new addition of Infiltration, Netrunner and the novels, it seems that this particular universe could become just as important to FFG as Terrinoth and the universe of Twilight Imperium , or Westros and Lovecraft, for that matter.

The original game Android was a bit too complex and time consuming for the people I play with, so I've never had a chance to try it out. I have greater hope for Infiltration . But of all the universes that FFG now "sponsors," the cyberpunk format is one that most excites me. So I'd love to see a broader reach of games in this area that hit different levels of complexity and play style, from solo play to deck building games like Rune Age to strategy board games simpler than Android.

For that matter, since "sensies" and virtual reality are part of Android's universe, it would be a perfect universe for "Dream Park" like adventures, where players are plunged into strategic contests in a virtual reality that simulates the Lord of the Rings, or the Cthulu Mythos or the fantasy worlds of Westros or Terrinoth. And given there are colonies on Mars and the Moon, the possibility exists for intersystemic conflict as colonies revolt; and with the network or web extending into space, what about some alien force infiltrating it, creating a behind the scenes, Men in Black kind of secret battle within the web between human forces and aliens seeking to control humanity by controlling its collective electronic mind?

Seems like this IP opens itself to numerous possibilities.

I agree, the cyberpunk genre needed a successor of Cpunk 2020 to leap forward 20 years..

I really think Android could fill that role. I got Androind the game simply because of the story and concept of the world. I am really happy to see spinoff games from the IP but would like to see further development of the core that is the world of Android.