What's the story?

By Batei, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Has this game always been in the Android universe, or is FFG putting it in that verse like they did Dungeonquest into Terrinoth?

I have not heard of Netrunner prior to this btw.

GrumpyBatman said:

Has this game always been in the Android universe, or is FFG putting it in that verse like they did Dungeonquest into Terrinoth?

I have not heard of Netrunner prior to this btw.

Original was made in 96 and based on Cyberpunk 2020. They bought the game mechanics from WOTC and moved the setting to Android.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netrunner

And you can read more about the original game, meaning some lore and fictions on the link under my signature.

I am guite familiar with Cyperpunk 2020, how Android world differ from it. The style and setting I mean. For me the "feel" or style is very important. And cyperpunk is all about the style :-)

I had no inkling it was around clear back in '96. I'll look more into it.

Well, Android has a few extra items established in it's setting: Psionics, manufactured beings (hence the "Android" setting name), a war for lunar independence, and the "Beanstalk" space elevator that connects the moon with LA (essentially).

Janus said:

Well, Android has a few extra items established in it's setting: Psionics, manufactured beings (hence the "Android" setting name), a war for lunar independence, and the "Beanstalk" space elevator that connects the moon with LA (essentially).

How does the moon's orbit avoid tearing the Beanstalk apart? I've always been curious about that.

I think that the Beanstalk ends at Starport Kaguya, which is a space-station. From there it is much easier to travel to the moon, than when you first have to overcome earths gravity with rockets.

I am not familiar with the Android setting but I think the Beanstalk is a space elevator: javascript:void(0);/*1338230316498*/

They are pretty prominent in the 2300AD setting, in which they are also called beanstalks.