Daniello_s has question…

By daniello_s, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

OK, that's gonna be my topic with question about rules:

First:

Situation below: Walker W1, W2, W3 and W4

36263745.jpg

Walker W3 can't shoot at Walker W2 but can it target walker W2?

Same about W4 - can it shoot at W1?

My friend argued with me that however W3 can shoot at W2 because it cannot see it, it doesn't mean it cannot shoot at W1 (as he explains W2 doesn't block LOS to W1 for W3 as W3 can't see W2).

Second:

62807982.jpg

My infantry I1 can freely goes diagonally for 1 point (first diagonal movement) even if there is mine Walker W1 as shown above?

I think it can but want to be sure :D

thanks guys

daniello_s

1st picture - The ONLY possible direct shot is between W2 and W4. All other options are blocked, either by terrain or by W2.

2nd picture - I1 can only move into that square if W1 is a friendly, otherwise its way is blocked, even if it has Jump.

I agree with loophole's answer. The wall blocks the W3 to W2 Los and then W2 block all LOS to W4.

Agreed with above.

for Q 2-I had this come up but couldn't find it in the rules at the time even though it made sense to not be able to do it.

Found it now "Moving around corners: Units cannot move diagonally wen both corners are spaces with impassable terrain. p.9

Friendly walkers are not impassible terrain for soldiers though.

Yo guys!

Have another one. Situation:

16818644.jpg

Grim Reapers with attached Rhino (R1) decide to attack tan enemy units (A1 and A2).

Player decides to attack with Rhino unit A1 and with Grim Reapers (guns and fists) unit A2.

Now since the attacking player can decide which weapons attacks first he decides to strike with Rhino first.

Because attacker and defender strikes in CC simultaneously, if unit A1 deals more than 4 wounds it will kill the model from Grim Reapers squad before Reapers will have chance to attack A2, right?

And if A1 survive, it will give a corner cover to A2 when Reapers attack with their guns?

cheers

daniello_s

All of a unit's attacks are basically simulatenous, but CC attacks take place after ranged attacks, so I'd say that:

- You should resolve all the ranged attacks first. So A2 does benefit from cover from A1, even if Rhino will kill it during this attack. It's like attacking at the same time a tank trap and the unit hiding next to it, you have to attack the unit first, and it will benefit from cover during that attack, even if the tank trap is destroyed during that same attack.

- After the ranged attacks have been resolved, and any casualties removed. Resolve both C attacks. It doesn't matter what order you choose to do it, since all casualties will only be removed after all the attacks are resolved.

Loophole Master said:

All of a unit's attacks are basically simulatenous, but CC attacks take place after ranged attacks, so I'd say that:

- You should resolve all the ranged attacks first. So A2 does benefit from cover from A1, even if Rhino will kill it during this attack. It's like attacking at the same time a tank trap and the unit hiding next to it, you have to attack the unit first, and it will benefit from cover during that attack, even if the tank trap is destroyed during that same attack.

- After the ranged attacks have been resolved, and any casualties removed. Resolve both C attacks. It doesn't matter what order you choose to do it, since all casualties will only be removed after all the attacks are resolved.

Where the Rulebook says that range attacks are resolved before CC attacks? I could only find this:

'When performing attacks, they are all considered simultaneous.' (page 12, right top).

And why do you think that both CC combats must be resolved at the same time as they are not the same combat?

Page 14, top right:

When declaring attacks with a range C weapon, resolve attacks from all other weapons first. The defending player removes casualties caused by these other weapons (if any) before resolving the hand-to-hand (range C) weapon. The defending player can then retaliate against your close-combat attack with a close-combat attack of his own. Attacks made by weapons at range C are then resolved simultaneously (i.e., both players roll dice at the same time).

Both C attacks are resolved simultaneously because they ARE part of the same Attack.

Loophole Master said:

Page 14, top right:

When declaring attacks with a range C weapon, resolve attacks from all other weapons first. The defending player removes casualties caused by these other weapons (if any) before resolving the hand-to-hand (range C) weapon. The defending player can then retaliate against your close-combat attack with a close-combat attack of his own. Attacks made by weapons at range C are then resolved simultaneously (i.e., both players roll dice at the same time).

Both C attacks are resolved simultaneously because they ARE part of the same Attack.

Got it. Thanks mate.

Question - Sniper Grenadiers have Agile skill - would it mean that all ranges for their weapon can count each diagonal places as 1 (which would mean they can target a unit which 6 diagonally places away from them)?

cheers

daniello_s

No. Agile only counts for Movement, not for Attacks.