Before I seriously get into this game I have one question.

By Guest, in Universal Fighting System

Can I just collect one genre and still win tourneys? I have a lot of soul cal and i do not have the desire to buy the other genres money is tight with WoW TCG. Does this game have staple cards?

Well, I can't think of one card game where you can just buy one set and stay competitive on a high level. You can make, play, and have a ton of fun with just socal cards, and you might be able to put together good decks.... but you can't be a high level player in any game if you handicap yourself.

However, you can easily get singles for the staples for pretty cheap...

I should clarify. I mean do I have to have both street fighter and Soul Cal cards in order to stay competative in tourney play? Or could I just get by with Soul Cal? Having Yoshimitsu know 100 hand slap just seems weird to me.

well it isnt just street fighter and soul cal anymore its gotten alot bigger in the realm of gaming adding new licenses and such but you could have a decent deck but with only like 20% of the cards being soul caliber i dont think it would be possible 2 just have a one license deck.

What i would suggest is that just use the weapons and attacks of your favorite characters in soul caliber but other staples like foundations you should look into as having in your deck as well

darkkami said:

I should clarify. I mean do I have to have both street fighter and Soul Cal cards in order to stay competative in tourney play? Or could I just get by with Soul Cal? Having Yoshimitsu know 100 hand slap just seems weird to me.

Maybe.

It really depends on how deep your collection of Soul Calibur is, and how talented you are as a deck builder and player.

UFS is designed to be interactive so you can use Street Fighter with Soul Calibur With Dark Stalkers with SNK with Tekken With Shadowar With Penny Arcade

Can you win Worlds just with Soul Calibur? Unlikely.

Can you show up on a local level, just buy Soul Calibur, compete and have fun - sure.

Keep in mind that there are certain "answers" or solutions found in SNK that might not be available in Soul Calibur (See for example: Holding Ground)

However, that does not mean you have to play only Soul Calibur cards. Trading offline and on can help you get cards that you would otherwise need in another license, but can't afford to get.

I think for the most part UFS crosses over a lot so restricting to one license you will be a big disadvantage to other players. But you might be able to get your scout to host a certain license event to where you are limited to one license .

Depends, I think it's possible to win with just one license's cards, but it'll be work. We've done tournaments where we only allowed you to use one series' cards and I allowed 4 cards from a diffrent series as a splash. Depending on your character you could do it (Nagase from base SNK was do able since she had all the symbols represented in that set on her character card.) But you may want to cross licenses.

I don't think it's possible to win a higher level event using only cards from one license, though if anything, SoulCalibur probably comes the closest to being able to do so... but even then, no matter how much you think you can build up with one license, you'll always be missing something important.

Soul Calibur sets that will be currently legal as of late march / Number of total sets that will be legal = %20

You are asking if you can win games restricting yourself to a (somewhat) random %20 of a games card base? ... Can you win in WoW TCG using a (might as well be random) 20% of the games collection?

Are you serious?

Um... well... yeah you can win games. Probably some local tournaments. Anything beyond that is a bit crazy...

A shame your standards are so high. You're missing out on a great game for a bunch of super fighting games. This TCG would not exist if it were for its universal capacity to have multiple fighting games in it at once. Consider that before you scoff at having to have things not make 100% sense to happen in the TCG...

I mean how does WoW TCG make sense? You're recruiting henchmen to fight with you? How frickin often does that happen in the MMO? Like... maybe some higher end quest chains... but really?

And what about the role of spirit to have you recover some health over time? I mean its a good game, don't get me wrong here, but is it entirely accurate to the MMO? um... no?

Rock on.

vermillian said:

Soul Calibur sets that will be currently legal as of late march / Number of total sets that will be legal = %20

You are asking if you can win games restricting yourself to a (somewhat) random %20 of a games card base? ... Can you win in WoW TCG using a (might as well be random) 20% of the games collection?

Are you serious?

Um... well... yeah you can win games. Probably some local tournaments. Anything beyond that is a bit crazy...

A shame your standards are so high. You're missing out on a great game for a bunch of super fighting games. This TCG would not exist if it were for its universal capacity to have multiple fighting games in it at once. Consider that before you scoff at having to have things not make 100% sense to happen in the TCG...

I mean how does WoW TCG make sense? You're recruiting henchmen to fight with you? How frickin often does that happen in the MMO? Like... maybe some higher end quest chains... but really?

And what about the role of spirit to have you recover some health over time? I mean its a good game, don't get me wrong here, but is it entirely accurate to the MMO? um... no?

Rock on.

and in all fairness ufs is more realistic in the aspect of fighting game cross overs i mean we all know capcom vs snk works but then if you look at all the mugen stuff ufs makes loads more sense in relation games wise than WoW

Well that settles it then. UFS > WoW. lol

vermillian said:

Well that settles it then. UFS > WoW. lol

did it need settling world of warcraft or a combination of street fighter, soul calibur, king of fighters, samurai shodown, dark stalkers penny arcade and even warhammer online (although not tournament legal) the WoW stood no chance

ooh strangest idea ever for an expansion to UFS this is completely off topic but imagine a sims expansion it would be so spectacularly **** it would be awesome

Of course its possible; back in the day, ***Tira*** and *Yun-Seong* were PRIMARILY Soul Calibur. You're obviously going to be disadvantged, but dude, right now, Air is hot, and Soul Calibur Flash of the Blades gave us lotsa Air toys.