Possible Bug: Unable to draw R''lyeh cards

By Leafwhistle, in Arkham Horror Toolkit

I just purchased the Arkham Horror App, which contains all the location cards. While testing it out, I noticed I wasn''''t getting any R''''lyeh encounters. Not "few", 60-70 tries getting Other, Draw a new Card, or The Stars are Right. Not one specific reference to R''''lyeh.

Has anyone else noticed this► Where can I report a bug►

(Note, I own all the big expansions and Black Goat of the Woods)

Tested out the gate cards… while it does a good job in randomizing the encounters, I have to say after 60+ pulls I've never had an encounter at Ryleh.. thanks for pointing it out..

I'm finding the same thing. The other Other Worlds work fine, but not R'lyeh. It wasn't a problem until after the recent update. That's the update that added MH cards for Cult Encounters and expansions boards. One step forward, one step back, I guess.

The first update took them about eight months. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long before getting R'lyeh cards back in the toolkit.

I'll e-mail FFG to let them know. I think they read e-mails a lot more frequently than they read forum posts.

This is the e-mail address: [email protected]

I just received word that FFG has fixed the bug and submitted the new build to Apple. They advised me that it typically takes 5-7 days for Apple to approve changes. So, with luck, we should have R'lyeh cards in about a week's time.

It's one week later and the bug has been fixed. With the latest update to the toolkit, you can now draw R'lyeh cards.

They fixed the rlyeh cards but there's still the problem of card randomization in the location encounters, like having to draw the same encounter multiple times in a row…

The same encounter may be coming up again and again because there are several location cards that have that particular encounter. I'm not convinced that there is a huge problem with card randomization. I haven't heard of anyone who formally investigated the problem (either with a chi-squared test or another approach for analyzing probability). My own analysis was inconclusive. If you think it's a problem, you may want to contact FFG.

im referring to a specific location… try the administration building for example… a lot of same pulls happen there.. and yes I've emailed FFG to no avail… but hey it might be an isolated case im not sure

I just drew 39 times from the Admin Building. There was only one encounter that I drew more than 3 times:

"Discuss the opportunity to sell a monograph with the President of the University. Pass a Lore (-1) check to make the sale and gain $5."

I drew it 6 times. It appears on 3 location cards out of the 39 that exist for the Admin Bldg. It's a little suspicious that I drew it 6 times instead of 3 times, but it's not very conclusive. I ran a chi-squared test on expected versus actual distribution and the results were not significant (i.e., the results were very likely to happen by chance).

Incidentally, if the encounter had appeared on only one location card, then drawing it 6 times would have produced a significant result for the chi-square. In other words, the encounters that are being drawn over and over tend to be the ones that you'd expect to see over and over, since they have multiple location cards.

that's reassuring… thanks for the input, ill test out a few more pulls :)