Crates Creates Problems

By The Thing In The Attic, in Tannhauser

Hi

I've been doing an inventory of my create tokens bonus token and equipment cards because I noticed that i don't have any smoke tokens in my crates. I Purchased the Deadalus expansion and have swapped my base set crates out as instructed to do in the rules

These are my Tanhauser products to date: Tanhauser core game, Revised rule book, Equipment cards, Deadalus map expansion, Yula, Wolf, Georgi and Hoax.

So going through all my crate and bonus tokens I have found some some mistakes and ommisions.

Firstly: the equipment cards have a card for a M15 Smoke Grenade and list it as base set and Novogrod only.There is no Deadalus expansion symbol and no tokens included in Deadalus. This seems strange as the equipment cards are clearly for the revised rule set and Deadalus was supposed to replace the tokens for both the base game and Novogrod and is also revised rules too. Given that the crate backs are slightly different between sets everything is both correct and wrong at the same time: the card accurately reflects that the smoke grenades were missing from the Deadalus replacement crate tokens. ( all of the other replacement-type equipment cards are correct in that they show 3 expansion symbols [Tann, Nov, Dead] and have two crates per card. exception see the next point)

Second: I have an extra MP40 and 1 less Mauser C96 crate token, again from Deadalus I think. I can't actually check If Deadalus is to blame here but I think it is. I viewed all the expansions i have on Boardgameek, but the pictures show a completely different set of counters to the ones I got for the Deadalus expansion. My rules for Deadalus have a picture of the Asteros figure on the front so I'm presuming I have the latest version. but if so what are all the other bonus tokens shown on BGG? [with Hoax I should have 3 MP40's and 2 Mauser C96's but I have 4 and 1 respectively]

Wolfs bonus token, the Sten MK2 has a bonus token in the Equipment Cards expansion but the actual token has a Crate token back, which has a noticable shade difference to the replacement ones. Infact the three gold bars also have the same shade difference too making the scenario a bit silly as the gold bars are instantly recognisable.

And lastly Gorgei has a 3-point crate token that has a crate back showing a crate smaller than any other crate from any other set.

I know one solution is to use a bag, but what do you do when one side wants to look at a cate but not take it or reveal it to the opponent either. if the token drawn has a different back then it might give it away.

some solutions might be:

Create 10 crate toppers that sit on top of the drawn crates

Draw two crates together for each space and only use the bottom one as the actual crate

FFG produce overlay stickers to put on all your cate tokens

FFG issue replacement tokens and equipment cards

P.s this is not a moan, just an observation, my love of the game far out weighs it's shotcomings. gui%C3%B1o.gif