an old old wolf

By The Thing In The Attic, in Tannhauser

So how old is wolf?

In 1863 'the wolf' shot some general dude in the battle of gettysburg.

Its now 1949

is wolf 86 years old? really?

explanations.... anybody know this one?

According to some of the older French players The Wolf, and WOLF are not the same. But my theory is he's like the Phantom, with the Wolf name being passed from Father to Son.

Hi. Thanks for your reply Miah999. Of course I should have said I thought Wolf's age was over 86 years. Still, I think your explanation for his apparent venerability is both intriguing and seamless with the source material that sounds like it could be canon.

I'm happy to adopt your explanation, it sits well with his mysterious presence.

I want to also say that I've watched all your You Tube videos on Tannhauser and I love them. I have found them very pleasant to view and informative with regards to tactics and rules.

I've even followed your example and put my revised rule book in a binder now that it's fallen apart.

My new Wolf expansion arrived this morning. It cost me £7.50 on Amazon. I can't believe how cheap that is (they usually cost between £10 to £15 over here in the U.K.

Unfortunately the figure quality isn't good; there is a chunk missing off the shoulder of his knife wielding arm. and the paint is overlapping features it shouldn't. I am still glad I've got him now.

Also there is a counter with Wolf's face on both sides. I'll use it as an overwatch counter but I'm sure they could have made another bonus token.

Thanks again Miah999 I'll look forward to your next You Tube broadcast. It would be interesting if you could to one comparing the two different versions of the game and what's good or bad about both.

I've just read that the double sided Wolf token is used in the scenario Gold Save The Queen

If your fig is damaged contact FFG customer service, and see if they send a repalcment, they're usually very helpful.

Miah999 said:

But my theory is he's like the Phantom, with the Wolf name being passed from Father to Son.

Sounds like a great idea for a new mercenary character! Wolf's father, who has retired from merc business long ago because of his age, returns to the war because his son is in danger, the siuation gets worse and worse or whatever. His stats and tokens would of couse have to reflect both his age and his lifetime of experience as a fighter and mercenary.