Hero models

By Denied, in Dust Warfare

So I was looking at what to build up for my Dust Warfare army and I was pricing it out at the FFG event center last night when I ran into a problem. Apparently several of the hero's are currently only offered in expansion scenarios for Dust Tactics. This makes me sad as I want to use some of these models, but I don't want to be forced to buy and expansion to Tactics as I am only interested in playing Warfare. I hope FFG offers a box with just these minis as it would make me a very happy camper.

You can try e-bay and such, I am forced to buy online since I have no local game store, but online you can buy stuff at 35% off or so on miniature market and cool stuff inc. Plus if you have Axis & Allies mini, D&D mini, HeroClix or Star Wars minis you don't need or want anymore both those stores accept them as credit. Op Ceberus is a good one because of the building.

With the more recent expansions, FFG has been trying to make sure all the components (except the included scenario book) are usable for both Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare. For instance, the Operation Cerberus expansion comes with 2 heroes, plus the parts to build a modular 3-D building, that would work quite well for Dust Warfare too. The earlier expansions also come with tank traps and ammo crates, which would certainly be quite usable with Dust Warfare.

As a Dust Tactics player, I have no problem buying any of these expansions, but I totally understand how annoying they would be for Dust Warfare players or even Dust Tactics players who aren't interested in the various campaigns. I have no idea if FFG will sell these miniatures in a separate set or not, but you might be able to find just the figures on Ebay.

You might also find it is good to have some Dust Tactics stuff anyway, as I think it's an easier entry point into the universe for a lot of people (at least those that aren't already veteran table-top gamers.)

Hopefully they release these figures on their own sometime though, but I doubt we'll see them do it any time soon.

If you're specifically looking for the Operation Cerberus heroes but don't want the building pieces, I'm guessing it would be easy to find the figures on their own, as many people want the building pieces and not the figures, or buy multiple sets to get even more building pieces.

They just announced not too long ago that they are doing the building as it's own set. And since they did the previous heroes that way as well, I think it's a safe bet that they will eventually do further hero boxes. My guess is that with the SSU and DW, they've got too much going on release-wise to go back to those right now.

And with DW, you might see more people just going with one faction, allowing you to go halfsies with someone on some of those sets. ~$20 for a hero and a few terrain bits isn't that bad, then.

This site sells stuff individually. They opened up the diff expansions and are selling piecemeal units.

CLICK ME

just search "Dust Tactics"

I'm hoping that instead of re-releasing Joe and Sigrid from the core set, they put out new versions that work with the "hero walker" mechanic that was previewed with the SSU stuff.

I am hoping for new heros entirely, I like the idea of certain heroes being out of print, it makes them more special.

I agree, but it makes it a collectable game then and prices can soar.

Dakkon426 said:

I am hoping for new heros entirely, I like the idea of certain heroes being out of print, it makes them more special.

How is not being able to get certain models for the game something to make them special?

It makes it so some players can feel special because they have something other players can't get, and it makes the game special for scalpers who can get and sell the figures for ridiculous amounts on ebay to take money that might otherwise go to FFG and support the game, but it screws the players who happened to come into the game late after those figures were no longer available.

Limited availability figures can make elitist players feel special because they are a 'have' instead of a 'have not,' but it does nothing to help the game, and can hinder its ability to grow, because other players can get pissed off if they either have to pay ridiculous amounts on ebay or do without units they'd like to use to actually play the game.

I enjoy being able to use the units avaible for a game. I don't mind letting players borrow my figures, or proxy for figures they don't have.

I find elitists who want to feel special because they have models for a game other players can't get without ebay or luck rather tedious, childish, and dull.

If a company wants to have a unit for a game, that unit should be available in some form for all of the players.

all i am saying is that i would rather see a new sculpt if they do reprint sigrid and joe and any other heroes that end up in the same boat otherwise i agree with you 100% .