Nutting it out with the Twilight - dont bother reading below

By COCLCG, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

okay. just spent an hour having my first look at the order of the silver twilight and what a mind screwer. i can see this one will be hard to play. from what Ive observed quickly the key is probably the rituals. so first of all you may want:

key to the inner sanctum

for the only ritual i think you should bother with:

ritual of the lance

dedicated butler

initiation

errand boy

failed initiate

but to use the ritual of the lance successfully you'll require:

the doorway

silver twilight enforcer

master of blades

to get as many of your good characters out and have them in your hand (you'll be wanting 3 to make it a sure thing so this is just right) and just defend defend defend (maybe with more sacrifices to feed the ritual and boost the stats, i think a necessary evil would work - if you can time this right itll be a cracker). activate the ritual at the end of their turn and you can have a fresh turn to have a go at undefended stories. sneak in :

hidden agenda

and only 2 characters and thats 2 story rounds undefended for 4 successes for 2 stories (or something like that) havent done the math yet. a nice way to clean things up after doing a bit of groundwork to get the first story.

i also like the barkeep and dr baker (for the fixing up of botched sacrifices and the INV icon to possibly make it 6 successes) though devious architect, lodge librarian and lodge housekeeper will also work if any come out in the draw phase.

this is my understanding anyway from a quick look. could be wrong.

actually, pop in that neutral initiate for more sacrifices and a domain or two and the whole thing could become a whitewash. COSTS are the factor here though. Nigel St James would definately help this process, and i see him combining with the lodge barkeep who then combines nicely with the errand boy.

i am so hating this faction.

well..................... they do call it THE ORDER

*****************FIXED ABOVE********************

brazier enchantment might also be applicable in the opponents round that you withdraw.

had another look and twilight are seriously short of defensive cards so id mix it with cthulhu me thinks (another deck ive looked at so there could be better) to make a refined version of:

ritual of the lance

initiation

errand boy

a necessary evil

the doorway

silver twilight enforcer

unscrupulous aquisitionist (arcane)

satchel of the void

one more twilight character (dr baker??)

and then stuff like:

carl stanford (arcane)

dreamlands fanatic (arcane)

brood of yig

get it off

deep one assault

gaurdian shoggoth

terror of the tides

one more cthulhu character (degenerate serpent / deep one??)

the extra characters id try to have with arcane so they can refresh in the free story round if possible. theres 15 cards that sacrifice.

hidden agenda is loyal so would have to go and it would become more of a rinse and repeat cycle to destroy more opponents than your own, use the satchel, and sneak in for 1 or 2 sneaky cheeky undefended successes. also just noted lodge barkeep can only be played with the syndicate : (

OR THE LIKES OF ANYWAY. not trying to be too exact or specific with this one, just throwing an idea out there for maybe others to refine, make their own and hopefully turn into a nice deck. more a passing thought after a browse as twilight dont particularly interest me. im now going to shut up till ive looked at all the decks and know what works with what.