Unit cards

By Dicenilee, in Dust Warfare

Im reading that the units have changed in Warfare so does this mean the unit cards are of no use for Warfare ??? if thats the case it sucks!

Nivanti said:

Im reading that the units have changed in Warfare so does this mean the unit cards are of no use for Warfare ??? if thats the case it sucks!

Warfare is a different game than Tactics. The rules are different the models are the same... for now. This is a free form table top miniatures game there is no grid, no cards. To say it sucks that there are not cards in a different game system is a very one dimensional statement not worth responding to aside from to laugh at your bland linear train of thought.

yes, many units stats have changed the biggest thing i have noticed is U range weapons now have a limited range. and ugl weapons have been boosted. allso move value is now in inches.

I am glad they arent using the cards. I didnt want Dust Warfare to be Dust Tactics without grids. Not using the cards opens up more opportunities.

Yes, it does suck. You need someway to easily show you stats and abilities when playing the game, you don't want to go flicking through a book everytime you want to shoot something.

Maybe someone will create a file that can be printed off using "playing card" sized cards like AT-43 used. Those were nice and did not take up too much room.

Major Mishap said:

Yes, it does suck. You need someway to easily show you stats and abilities when playing the game, you don't want to go flicking through a book everytime you want to shoot something.

I don't plan on flicking through a book everytime I need to shoot something.

According to this video review of the medium walkers (

Either that or I may have to renew my license for Army Builder. Now that I think about it this may be a better way to go.

I will be updating my army building program for warfare as soon as i grab a copy of the book.

Denied said:

Nivanti said:

Warfare is a different game than Tactics. The rules are different the models are the same... for now. This is a free form table top miniatures game there is no grid, no cards. To say it sucks that there are not cards in a different game system is a very one dimensional statement not worth responding to aside from to laugh at your bland linear train of thought.

Someone loves the sound of there own voice!

The truth is it does suck, the cards made for good quick reference, I'm well aware they are different games but with some forward thought ffg could have made the cards compatible.

Maybe ffg will release cards for this game, why not extra money for them!

[i'm well aware they are different games but with some forward thought ffg could have made the cards compatible.

I suppose it depends what they felt needed to change. AEG had published the original core set, and it's possible some of the early expansions already had the cards printed before FFG took over the game - so they didn't really have much time for forward thinking on the cards.

If they release a similar card pack for $10-$15 like the last one, I think I'd rather spend the money and buy that then have a clunky game that was limited by previous decisions about a different game.

Dakkon426 said:

I will be updating my army building program for warfare as soon as i grab a copy of the book.

Are you going to host it on the same site?

Snowshadow said:

Dakkon426 said:

yes but depending on how different warfare is Might need to make it a seperate program.

Dakkon426 said:

Snowshadow said:

Dakkon426 said:

yes but depending on how different warfare is Might need to make it a seperate program.

Sweet, I really like it. Very useful utility for DT.

I was ready to play a game when I discovered all of my Tactics cards don't work with Warfare. Whatever. However, FFG's published Army List has no provisions for stats. C'mon guys!!! enfadado.gif

use the cards to remind you what weapons are there, cross reference with the new stat line on the download in support, and Viola! no more drama

However, FFG''s published Army List has no provisions for stats. C''mon guys!!!

I thought this was kind of weird too -- was thinking of trying to make my own Army List sheet that included the stat blocks for each Unit so I only have one piece of paper to worry about instead of a stack of cards or constantly checking the book.

"You got everything in the box to play warfare…" they say, yeah right ! I bet there is another card update in the pipeline, that''s a steal.

If they wanted to have different stats for both games why not printing tactics stats on one side and warfare on the other, thats not how a big company should solve their mistakes, passing it on to a customer. They advertised warfare preety in the same time they released first card update, now you are telling me that I''ve paid just to change the point value on those old cards and now I will have to buy new cards►

I am very dissapointed with Dust. After buying Seelowe with cardboard buildings just to throw them away because cerberus introduced 3d buildings I found of that the bloody tiles doesn''''t fit inside the building when I put one together. I wonder what''''s next, and if its worth my money. One thing for sure, I''''ll be reading reviews and wait some time before I''''ll decide to buy something Dust again.

IIRC, pre-Andy Chambers, DW was going to be a fairly close partner to DT. The original concept was simply converting everything so that one square (movement or fire) equals six inches. Models in a squad had to stay within two inches of each other. Otherwise, have fun. Then with the big change from alternating activations to alternating turns with reactive fire interruptions the entire system was opened to overhaul.

I do hope that Warfare improved the reaction mechanic, otherwise I''m not seeing a whole lot that makes me real interested in Warfare. The two sentences above give the meat of the rules for playing Tactics on the table.

The reaction mechanic did improve significantly.

First there is no rolling to see if you react. You do need to be in 12 inches except for hitting the dirt to improve your cover.

Cards would be nice to mark wounds and for stat reference.

Well, why don''t you just use the table function in a word processor to create a three line table. Yep, takes you a couple of minutes to type in each unit after you build the blank form, but then it is all about cut''n''paste.

Mecha-Gojira said:

First there is no rolling to see if you react. You do need to be in 12 inches except for hitting the dirt to improve your cover.

Reaction mechanism is huge, and I''d say makes the game unique among mini games. Played last night and I thought it worked really well. Between the command and unit phases, you really have to carefully plan your actions out.

I gave up on DT after playing it once. But since playing Dust Warfare, I''ve been buying models again, and am really excited about the game. I feel my initial $100 investment has been redeemed.

Grim6 said:

Mecha-Gojira said:

Reaction mechanism is huge, and I''''d say makes the game unique among mini games. Played last night and I thought it worked really well. Between the command and unit phases, you really have to carefully plan your actions out.

I gave up on DT after playing it once. But since playing Dust Warfare, I''''ve been buying models again, and am really excited about the game. I feel my initial $100 investment has been redeemed.

I think you reflect the opinion of a lot of people and that''s not a bad thing for either Dust Studios or FFG. both games are going to draw a different crowd by using the same mini''s. In the long run, it''s a pretty genius platform and makes everybody happy. I love Tactics, but after playing my first game of Warfare I know it''ll be my main staple. But if someone wants to throw down with Tactics, I''d still be all for it.