Clubs...Really

By Old Dwarf, in Ugg-Tect

At last a perfect Game to roll out for my nephews aplauso.gif .They tend to get rather physical doing game sessions,now they have the perfect excuse to beat on oneanother.

OD

FFG didn't have an April Fools gag (and I looked for it). It's a little late, but, is this it?

Sheesh.

This game looks really bad. What were they thinking?

I think this game looks great. It's a good spin on party games and the idea that you have you A) give instructions to others to create something and B) use an unconventional way of doing so (cave-man speak) is very original. Obviously this game isn't for everyone, but I could see it being a HUGE hit with the right group. I would love to kick back with a few beers and bust this out with some friends.

GrumpyBatman said:

Hasn't this game been out for years? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/60131/aarghtect

I was wondering why this sounded familiar.

GrumpyBatman said:

To each their own - I think it looks hilarious.

One I'd buy? Maybe not. One I'd play when a little drunk - definitely!

Agreed. I think it looks like goofy fun, and could be hilarious if made into a drinking game....

Whether or not Ugg-Tect sounds fun in theory or in practice, is there a reason an inflatable "bopping" club needed SPIKES? Whether it hurts or not, all those extra rubber seams could scratch.

jgt, are you being ironic or serious?

jgt7771 said:

Whether or not Ugg-Tect sounds fun in theory or in practice, is there a reason an inflatable "bopping" club needed SPIKES? Whether it hurts or not, all those extra rubber seams could scratch.

The most probable reason would be that the clubs in the original version have spikes. IIrc at least.

Sausageman said:

One I'd buy? Maybe not. One I'd play when a little drunk - definitely!

Seconded. Should be fun to play this a couple of times, with friends. And if do something wrong... have a beer, and then try again ::laughter::

i can drink and play uga buga whatever without paying 40 bucks for couple of cards and baloony clubs...

come on...

Is anyone forcing you to buy it? No? Then don't buy it. Case closed.

I am not a drinker, so that is probably why this game has little interest for me. I already see enough grunting and farting at the FLGSs. gui%C3%B1o.gif I surely don't need a game to facilitate it.

I'm willing to try most games once. This could be fun, especially with the right group of people. And I can see certain people who would appreciate it with additional drinks…

I kind of think the clubs are cool, or rather, without them the game would quite probably be a bit 'meh'.

When I was an undergraduate I played the War on Terror game a lot - without the 'EVIL' balaklava and the 'Axis of Evil' spinner it would just be another middling world domination game - but their addition made it so much more fun and engaging. Sometimes a game just needs a little (admittedly gimmicky) extra to make it stand out, and a lot more fun to play, especially for people who are not hard core gamers.

And I reckon it could make a good party game too. With or without wine. With would probably be better.

Played this with some co-workers the other day and we had a pretty good time. Seems a little pricey for what you get but we all had a great time. Although who you play with can make a huge difference in terms of how they interpret the rules for correct and incorrect.

For example. My team was pretty strict with correct and incorrect. If a piece was put left but not far enough left it was incorrect. The other team said put left was correct but then kept saying put left put left until the person got it into position. The first way can make for a pretty frustrating exerience. However the other way can effect replayability since once you figure out someone's caveman language it quickly just turns into a race to see how quickly you can get it done, and the language barrier is no longer there. Which for me was the funny part.

We found the best way is to rotate the Ugg-tech after every SOLVED card. You are only as strong as your weakest link kinda thing.

If you don't want to buy it and If you are savvy enough maybe you can get your work to buy it as a "team-building exercise". gui%C3%B1o.gif