Player feedback for potential buyer.

By Rook96, in Anima: The Card Game

Hello to everyone,

I am considering purchasing this game, but I have some questions that I was hoping other players could answer to help with my decision.

1) How much fun have you had and why?

2) How replayable is this game? Is it repetitive or do you enjoy every game? Explain why or why not.

3) Did you buy just one of the three Anima card games, two of them or all of them? Why?

Please be honest in your responses, even if you want to say the questions are silly. Just make sure to say why! I really like the idea of the Anima game, but would appreciate your help in deciding.

Thankyou in advance.

Rook96

3) I have the base game and the first expansion.

2) I played it alot for a year or two, but it eventually got old and I never play it now. So, a fair amount of replayability, but not a permanent favorite.

1) I had alot of fun with it. It is best with 2 players or using house rules to play solo. With more there is alot of downtime and getting picked on.

Ultimately I think the biggest problem with this game is the design. The artwork is fantastic, but the card abilities are wordy with small text and sometimes with the artwork showing through behind it. When I was playing enough to have them all memorized it wasn't a problem, but going back now it feels like chore. Also, whenever I was teaching it to new players I felt like the rules were alot more complex than they needed to be for a game of this weight.

That said, Great artwork. Good gameplay, if unnecessarily complex. Great theme, particularly if you enjoy jrpgs, but any fantasy fan will find things they like.

The extra expansion did add variety, but it made it harder to find specific locations. If you buy more than one set, be sure to read the third rulebook online which has a rule to fix this.

Thanks very much for the response, I appreciate your honest comments. I will wait and see if anyone else posts before making a decision, but even if I choose not to buy it then Blood Bowl Team Manager will just take its place.

Thanks again.

I played this game for the first time last night (just the base set) with 2 other people. It was certainly different from the other card game that I have played in the past. Overall it was pretty straight forward when it comes to the rules and the dice element adds the "X" factor and does a great job of balancing out the game. Say if one player has 4 heroes and another only has 2, both players still have the same chances to succeed or fail.

The only thing that can be considered a negative is the length of the game. We played a game that lasted about 2 hours and only 1 player completed one of their missions. Now 2 of the players were new to the game so that may have slowed it down but the main issue with the game is the standard missions. One of mine had me going to one location and finding a crystal and taking it to another location and defeating the boss. However if your party fails any combat during the journey or the character carrying the crystal is killed, you have to start over. Which is not as easy as it sounds because players can discard locations from play and you have to cycle through all of other locations before it can show up again.

Each player starts with 2 missions cards which can not be exchanged even through there are more than a dozen in the stack. I think if each player started with 3 or 4 mission cards it would make the game go faster because you only have to complete 1 to do the final mission and having more options would let players not have to wait 5 turns while they look for 1 of the two locations . (This will make alot more sense after you see it played or play it).

Other than the missions taking forever, the game is pretty fast paced and there is a lot player interaction. The friend who bought it was not overly impressed with the game(mostly because of the reasons stated) but I enjoyed it. When you see another player lose a combat by like 1 or the roll an unlucky number during an explore that results in them losing a hero or all their cards it awesome , espically when it happens two or three times in a row.

Not sure how much this goes for retail wise but if you have the money and good group of players it is something worth checking out.

A couple rules you missed:

1) Players cannot fight each other if one party outnumbers the other by more than one character. This prevents strong players from beating up on the ones who are behind, and thematically is the increased stealth/mobility of a smaller party.

2) More importantly, when you bring in a new location card (seek new horizons) you can choose to bring in a random card from the deck, or a card OF YOUR CHOICE from the discard pile. Unlike the other decks, you never shuffle the location discard pile. This makes it much easier to get to the location you need.

I also recommend allowing more than one player to bring in a new location each turn, but that is a house rule.

Thank you

?????

Hi everyone, have cme back to this after being away for a while. I think I am leaning toward buying this, it looks like a good time filler. The description if the crystal quest sold me, I am actually a fan of games that throw roadblocks at you because they tend to cause a lot of humour. Winning is not the most important thing, having fun is paramount. Sometimes that fun involves laughing at our misfortune.

1. The game is a ton of fun! Cool cards, fun system, nice art!

2. Yes, quite a bit of replayability. Playing it with different friends, coming up with different group combinations, etc. Though I do recommend getting all the expansions to increase playability.

3. All three.

Was glad to stumble across a post like this. Been really curious about this game, but wanted to find something to let me know a bit about it and its playablitly. Definately going to pick it up and give it a go.

in my opninion i guess it's not so good

you can check here for games if you like

happy wheels unblocked