Having lot's of fun with This Deck.

By DurinIII, in Strategy and deck-building

The heroes run Bilbo, Bifur and Frodo. It's a Hobbit/Dwarf "themed" deck with a low starting threat of 23. The deck pretty much just utilizes the best 11 or so cards from each color sphere (Spirit/Lore) and works pretty well. I can post the cards if anyone wants the list. I just finished a game, admittedly "A Passage Through Mirkwood," where I ended up questing a massive 30 willpower claiming the victory on that path with the questing victory outcome. Anyway, lot's of fun!

hey

i tried that- however i struggled with the lack of attack stats- how did you over come this?

rich

honestly what works is playing 3 copies of that really good Elf Ally whose name I can't remember at the moment, and playing 2 Haldir. Also, the life saver card is that mirkwood runner! He always gives you an unblockable 2 hit damage a turn on any enemy you want. He is brutal man! I have never had more success solo than with this deck. I can post the list if you care.

Sure, would you please post your deck?

yeah i use the runner in all my lore decks

Heroes : Frodo, Bilbo and Bifur.

Starting threat: 23

Deck:

Allies

Haldirx2

Mirkwood Runnerx3

Gildor Inglorion x3

Longbeard mapmaker x2

Erebor Hammersmithx2

Miner of the Iron Hillsx2

Bofurx3

Gandalfx3

Attachments:

Ancient Mathomx3

Fast Hitchx3

Protector of Lorienx2

Forest Snarex2

Unexpected Couragex1

Boots From Ereborx3

Song of Wisdomx3

Song of Travelx3

Events:

Lore of Imladrisx2

The Galadhrim's Greetingx2

Hasty Strokex2

A Test of Willx2

Will of the Westx2

It may appear that this is an excessive amount of songs, but I have found that the songs really accelerate the overall resource flow in order to pay for the bigger cards like Gildor and Haldir. This deck has won for me more than lost; plus, it is my favorite Tolkien theme: Elves, Dwarves and Hobbits! :)

I'd drop the Mapmaker for the Rivendell ?? card that lets you search for a Song card. This would also free up 2-3 slots because you wouldn't need 3 of each song that way. You could just search out what you need at the time.

With those extra slots, I'd drop in the Dwarven Craftsmen. It will let you play the Ancient Mathoms over again.

Not a fan of Will of the West without the Zighil Miner, either, but that is a personal choice. How often do you really need to reshuffle your discard pile into the deck?

@ Boris: Thank you for the feedback man, great points. I am already running the hammersmith that allows me to recycle Mathoms. I may try the Rivendell minstrel in place of a few copies of songsā€¦the issue here is that a song costs 1 resource and minstrel costs 3. By dropping a Song of Wisdom on Frodo on turn 1, by turn 2 I have enough green resource to pay for Gildor (a common strategy of the deck). This is only one example of when that difference of 2 resources makes a huge difference! However, I may scale back on the songs to put her in. :) As far as Will of the West goes, I think I will try a few games without it and see what happens. You are right, it is seldom that the game lasts so long where I have to play a Will to keep a deck going. Thank you much for the feedback!