Deck formats once Core Set is out

By mikelosaurus2, in CoC General Discussion

Stahleck is a great example of how servitors can put up weird formats and great prizes! So, I'm not the slightest worried, really.

Hastur said:

Second, the blowout sale they are advertising has booster boxes of non-LCG product for $25. If the old sets were going to go on as before, they would have no reason to offer such a huge discount. Note that the Game of Thrones booster boxes are getting the same treatment. I think they are selling to get rid of what's left from their warehouse, as they move to LCG and Legacy tournament formats.

Well that is one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that FFG wants the newguys who are getting the core set to be able to get the older sets cheaper so that there isn't that much of a difference in card pool. Thi sway with the lowering o fprices the newguys coul dactually start to rival the older players in the amount o fcards they have...and they spent less...Salt in Wound.

Oh, I'm fairly certain they're going to split the formats much like AGOT. But if the secondary format is the *ahem* bastardized sort of thing that many of the AGOT players feel Legacy format to be, then we have some problems. Particularly if this split is already decided on FFG's end of things and they did not actually announce it to us prior to this sale. That would certainly stink of taking advantage of customers in a way that I would have thought they would have learned from and endeavored not to do after having botched that sort of follow through on AGOT.

If FFG is doing like you said Kennon, Suckering the new guys to buy obsolete stuff, I would be very pissed and dont know if I would continue to support their games at all.

It would really suck if they said ,"Hey here is a great deal buy all these booster boxes for $25 and have fun. It's all compatible."

All the while knowing that in an official copacity they have decided that the older cards were not going to be valid and only compatible in friendly play.

I am putting my faith in the fact that, they have treated the players of multiple game systems like crap without actually crapping on them.

So is there going to be new card backs? I know this should effect casual play, but I guess it makes for a good launching place for those who sold off everything and want to get back in. : I guess it makes me think twice about re-buying anything older though... I mean if Magic The Gathering changed card backs there would be rioting in the streets. Makes me really hope that they reprint some of my old favorites.

Pandafarmer said:

I know this should effect casual play,

Dang... lack of edit button... I mean SHOULDN'T effect casual play. *sigh*

Anyway, my point is, while the Living non-Collectable game should be great for those not looking to spend money... suddenly my old pet decks aren't worth playing anymore?

Pandafarmer said:

Pandafarmer said:

Dang... lack of edit button... I mean SHOULDN'T effect casual play. *sigh*

there is an edit button...

there is an edit button......

I was wondering how the mixed backs of the cards would "play out." I don't really have a chance to play, but I'm hoping to find some partners after the LCG set is released. Card sleeves and different tournament types make sense.

As far as reprints and the big Christmas sales go, I just assumed that the old cards would be incrementally reprinted in the new format. After all, I didn't see FFG being able to keep their once a month Asylum pack promise without reprints. And if the old collectible cards were still completely in the tournament mix they wouldn't be on sale.

Can anyone post a link to the re-print Cthulhu image? TIA

almalik said:

Can anyone post a link to the re-print Cthulhu image? TIA

A little image

cthulhu.jpg

Regards,