A Quick Return to Mirkwood

By Ted Sandyman, in Strategy and deck-building

Any tips would be welcome please as ive just played my 2nd Return to mirkwood game solo. I was stuffed in my 1st one as the threat level rocketed with Gollum constantly under my guard. My 2nd game i decided to pick Eowyn, Glorfindel and Denethor, to boost up my questing power really, and tried to race through the quests quickly. It was going ok until Attercop Attercop appeared and savaged the hell out of me. Anyway, is that the general idea with this adventure, playing it solo, to get through the quests as quickly as you can?

That's been my tactic and I still haven't beat it (card pool = Shadows of Mirkwood and 1 Core). I think lore with insane card draw and Protector of Lorien is a good way to go, but I usually don't last long enough to get a good card draw engine running.

thats how i won it- all spirit and mostly rohan- and hope you have good draw! terrible strategy i know but its the only way i can figure to win it

Yeh i cant say i was blown away with this one as i like to have a good long game but with this scenario it seems like youve got to try and finish it in about 5-6 turns. Ok thanks for the advice, i will give all rohan a go and see if i can get a lucky draw. Hope i stay clear of attercop attercop as that mother really gave me a good hiding! Cheers guys.

For solo is quite difficult to beat. This quest design to play 2 or more players.