Who wants to see a Fallout 3 board game? (some ideas inside)

By Guest, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Just think about it: The game's board would be The Capital Wasteland. Each player would have a sheet with all the skills (1-10) and SPECIAL (1-5). To know what number your skill is, there would be small round tokens to put on the correospanding number. Your damage in a certain weapon would the weapon's base damage+your skill at the weapon's type (For example a Laser Rifle's base damage would be 10, and if you have 10 at Energy Weapons then you would deal with it 20 damage). There would also be lockpick, science, speech and sneak checks, no dice requiered. Easy chechks would require you to have the appropiate skill at 3, normal checks at 7, and hard checks at 10. Barter would impove your rtering skills: For each point in point of barter you have, every item you have would sell for 5% higher (rounded down) and bought for 5% cheaper (rounded down). For example, if a Shotgun costs 20 and your barter is 10, to you it will cost 10. If you'd sell it, if your barter is 0 it will sell for 10 but if it's 10 it will sell for 15. There will obviously be bottle caps tokens :) Btw if you realy need to pass a certain check and your skill is too low, you could always use drugs/alcohol, but with the rist of getting addicted. Whenever you level up you can distribute one skill point for every point of Intelligence you have, and then you choose a perk. Some perks would have requierments, like the real game. There would be a total of 10 levels. The game will have two methods of playing it: One method would be everyone versus everyone; Players complete quests and level up and the first player to get to level 10 wins the game. The second would be co-op: Players play together to complete a tough scenario in a given number of turns. Obviously there's a lot to go around in this type of game but I'm sure that if FFG decides to do it they will make a fantastic job. What do you think?

I for one LOVE Fallout 3. But I dunno if a board game could ever possibly do it justice. There is just too much awesome stuff in that game to be able to contain it all in a board game. Bethsoft games are all like that. For the longest time I hoped there would be some sort of Elder Scrolls board game, but its the same problem. I think the only possible thing that could be made for games like that would be pen and paper RPGs, and even that probably wouldn't be as fun as just playing the video game.

If it's possible to make a World of Warcraft board game, then anything's possible...

kroen said:

If it's possible to make a World of Warcraft board game, then anything's possible...

True, I'll give ya that much.

Though, I'd still argue that while it maybe could be done, it still wouldn't be as fun as the video game.

Doesn't mean it won't be fun..

And I have more ideas:

I was thinking that Int. 5 giving you 5 skill points per turn its too much considering there's a total of 130 skill points as opposed to 1300 in the computer game. So I'm thinking it should be like this: (I also add specifics for the skills)

1 Strength: 5 carry weight, +1 Melee
2 Strength: 10 carry weight, +1 Melee
3 Strength: 15 carry weight, +1 Melee
4 Strength: 20 carry weight, +1 Melee
5 Strength: 25 carry weight, +2 Melee

1 Perception: +1 Lockpick, +1 Explosives, +1 Energy Weapons
2 Perception: +1 Lockpick, +1 Explosives, +1 Energy Weapons
3 Perception: +1 Lockpick, +1 Explosives, +1 Energy Weapons
4 Perception: +1 Lockpick, +1 Explosives, +1 Energy Weapons
5 Perception: +2 Lockpick, +2 Explosives, +2 Energy Weapons

1 Endurance: 3 HP, +1 Big Guns, +1 Unarmed
2 Endurance: 6 HP, +1 Big Guns, +1 Unarmed
3 Endurance: 9 HP, +1 Big Guns, +1 Unarmed
4 Endurance: 12 HP, +1 Big Guns, +1 Unarmed
5 Endurance: 15 HP, +2 Big Guns, +2 Unarmed

1 Charisma: +1 Barter, +1 Speech
2 Charisma: +1 Barter, +1 Speech
3 Charisma: +1 Barter, +1 Speech
4 Charisma: +1 Barter, +1 Speech
5 Charisma: +2 Barter, +2 Speech

1 Intelligence: 1 skill point per turn, +1 Medicin, +1 Repair, +1 Science
2 Intelligence: 1 skill point per turn, +1 Medicin, +1 Repair, +1 Science
3 Intelligence: 2 skill point per turn, +1 Medicin, +1 Repair, +1 Science
4 Intelligence: 2 skill point per turn, +1 Medicin, +1 Repair, +1 Science
5 Intelligence: 3 skill point per turn, +2 Medicin, +2 Repair, +2 Science

1 Agility: 2 AP, +1 Small Guns, +1 Sneak
2 Agility: 4 AP, +1 Small Guns, +1 Sneak
3 Agility: 6 AP, +1 Small Guns, +1 Sneak
4 Agility: 8 AP, +1 Small Guns, +1 Sneak
5 Agility: 10 AP, +2 Small Guns, +2 Sneak

1 Luck: 2% Critical, +0 All Skills
2 Luck: 4% Critical, +0 All Skills
3 Luck: 6% Critical, +0 All Skills
4 Luck: 8% Critical, +0 All Skills
5 Luck: 10% Critical, +1 All Skills

You start with 20 SPEICAL points to distribute.
Then you choose three trag skills. Each tagged skill gets +1

I think you could do a fallout board game. But ffg should be careful not to get it to complex. After all it´s a board game and not a pen and paper rpg.

I would prefer if players would take sides (brotherhood/enclave) and then battle for controll of the wastelands ...

Another idea would be to make some sort of talisman clone, with every player wandering the wastelands leveling up, collecting new stuff to finally reach the center of the board where the water purifier lies. Each player could have a different motive to reach it and the first one who does it an activates it wins ...

And finally the could to a custom-miniature game concentrating on the battle between brotherhood and enclave featuring a faction of slavers/Raiders