Expansion?

By Stenun, in Colossal Arena

Does anyone know how well this sold and if there's ever likely to be an expansion? I'd love to see some new monsters for the game someday ...

haven't heard of any plans about the addons. also, don't know how well this game was sold. but actually, if the expansion was being developed by Knizia himself, it would be quite cool.

ignus said:

haven't heard of any plans about the addons. also, don't know how well this game was sold. but actually, if the expansion was being developed by Knizia himself, it would be quite cool.

I haven't found anyone outside my gaming group who owns the game, so I'm not sure how well it has sold. The good news is that it must be somewhat successful because it hasn't gone out of print like ORCZ, and others.

An add-on by Knizia would be very cool though.

I think this game must have sold moderately well because it was rereleased in a different sized box, iirc.

I don't personally think that an expansion would do that much for the game. I'd rather save my $10 for some other FFG title.

I reckon if it's on this system it must be doing ok. I'd say it's probably a slow but consistant burner.

It certainly fills a nice hole in my group. The kids love it and i even got my wife to play it with them. All the things i hoped it would do when i bought it.

I got mine out of the bargain bin. And nobody around had heard about it.

So i think it dint sold so good.

But personally i would like to see an expansion.

It is still alive here, and it had a 2nd edition made, so it must have sold enough, or still be selling.

It is shame they don't have support or forums for Kingdoms and there other games.

You could try "Galaxy: the Dark Ages." It's a science fiction take with the same original mechanic. Here's a description:

http://www.panix.com/~sos/bc/galaxy.html

Wouldn't mind an expansion for the game myself. Maybe adding a 6th player and adding new creatures and spectators.

It seems that when a game goes 'silver' it is on the brink of never to be repinted again.

Just look at scarab/minotaur lords. They dont even have a subforum in the silver section here. They gave that game one expansion and not its out of print with no hope of being reprinted.

I don't think this game sells near well enough for an expansion.

Knizia moves on to other things pretty fast, you know...

Yeah they made 4 new monster classes for the 2nd edition. Just picked it up today and love it!